Food Safety Compliance Specialist
- Leads the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) efforts within the plant.
- Coordinates area workflow and may delegate work to QA (Quality Assurance) Specialists; provides input into the QA Specialist’s performance appraisals.
- Provides plant-wide employee training on food quality and safety issues; leads the development of training materials and formats.
- Delivers high-level of technical competency on all aspects of the QA Document/Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) process.
- Review, revises, and develops Hershey’s Product Excellence Program (PEP) documents.
- Investigates and analyzes incidents; takes corrective actions, and/or makes recommendations as appropriate for routine incidents.
- Uses various computer support systems for data manipulation, basic analysis and reports for product quality information.
- Leads the Process Operating Guide (POG) Program within the plant.
- Facilitates multi-functional project/task teams, which may also include external customers and/or suppliers.
- Interacts with regulatory officials on behalf of the plant by leading regulatory inspections including internal or external customers.
- Verifies and validates all changes to the Food Safety and Food Quality Plan.
- Keeps apprised of new technology and regulatory information; makes recommendations to plant management to assure compliance.
- Maintains close team working relationships with all operations group leader/supervisors and maintenance supervisors.
- Establishes and sustains effective relationships with all employees in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems.
- Possesses strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to lead by involving others in decision processes.
- Ability to implement change, motivate others, and encourage team development.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Food Science, Microbiology or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 yrs related experience
- Strong knowledge of GFSI standards
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner Certification strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of all technical aspects of HACCP
- This is primarily a first shift position, but the successful candidate must be flexible to work "off shifts" as needed.
- Successful candidates must be able to be “on call” (rotational schedule) to cover weekends as needed.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.