Quality Assurance Technician, Food Manufacturing, Production 2nd Shift
The Quality Assurance Technician performs required inspections to assure incoming materials and finished products conform to customer specifications, company standards and regulatory requirements. Inspections shall verify that products meet food safety and regulatory requirements using established procedures at prescribed frequencies. Results of all inspections shall be documented per company standard operating procedures including immediate reporting and corrective action of deficiencies.
What you’ll do:
- Fully support QA and Operations management in high care program implementation.
- Engage with Operations, communicates with Line Leads and Supervisors to prevent and resolve any quality issues in the production floor.
- Ensure quality standards are met by auditing production.
- Perform pre-operational, operational inspections in accordance with GMP standards.\
- Carry out monitoring and verification activities in accordance with HACCP plan (including temperature checks and metal detector checks).
- Perform quality checks, including, but not limited to, label inspections (USDA bug), Lot code inspections, net weight checks, sensory checks.
- Verify equipment calibration (thermometers, scales).
- Verify specifications for finished products and incoming ingredients.
- Follow hold protocol for any nonconforming ingredients and finished goods.
- Verify specifications and validation for finished product and ingredients.
- Perform corrective actions for any food safety, A/B standard, or sanitation issues.
- Perform environmental swabbing.
- Set up sandwich line.
- Check for USDA bug when applicable.
- Use calibrated probes
- Measure and taste batches and initialize record book.
- Hold product that does not meet quality standards and /or deviates from the HACCP plan.
- Stop production line if product doesn’t meet quality standards.
- Communicate any issues to Supervisors and Manager.
- Perform component weight checks
- Each employee of Hearthside must fully understand and follow all Facility Good Manufacturing Practices. Each Employee is responsible for food safety, and therefore, responsible to report food safety concerns to their immediate supervisor or manager and take action if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Performs USDA/HACCP/SSOP inspections.
- Performs temperature checks, net weights, and other quality tests.
- Verifies specifications and validation for finished product & ingredients.
- Performs corrective actions for any issues ( food safety, sanitation and A/B standards
- Perform duties in the microbiology lab such as swabs media making.
- Ensures that quality assurance is met from auditing the production lines.
- Verify labels are properly place on package.
Physical Requirement: Requires ability to lift 5-10 lbs occasionally. Stand, walk, bend, and twist, during the entire shirt (hours vary) and overtime when it is necessary.
What you’ll need:
Education: High school Diploma or GED
Skills/knowledge: Knowledge of Science and Math. Some computer experience helpful.
Experience: Manufacturing experience in food industry
Abilities: Job involves standing, walking, sitting, stooping and bending at the waist and ground levels.
About the Company
Hearthside Food Solutions is the industry’s leading food contract manufacturer, and leader in nutritional bars and baked snacks
Our product categories include energy bars, snack bars, granola bars, baked bars, cookies, crackers, pretzels, croutons, breadcrumbs, snack components and other baked foods and snacks. Hearthside is also one of the largest food contract packaging companies, we package many foods that people eat every day. Today Hearthside operates 38 production facilities, including three in Europe, and is a volume leader in multiple food categories.
At the heart of every world-class manufacturer, and at the heart of every great company, you will find a unique and valuable culture. Hearthside’s empowerment culture of continuous improvement and customer focus is the great enabler for the value we create for customers. Explore our website, speak with our people and tour our facilities. The Hearthside culture is a game changer and a powerful competitive advantage for the company and our customers.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.