Spring Glen Fresh Foods in Ephrata - Lancaster County, PA is now seeking a 2nd shift Sanitation Supervisor. We offer great benefits, stable work shifts, and a clean / welcoming work environment. Work where you matter!
The Sanitation Supervisor supervises Spring Glen’s plant sanitation program for the proper sanitation of all food processing equipment and areas in accordance with government regulatory standards and Company standards while maintaining a food safe facility.
- Adhere to and enforce all safety rules, regulations, and practices.
- Supervises and is responsible for all activities of the Sanitation Department including the cleaning and sanitizing of processing equipment, general housekeeping, the disposal of waste materials and the clean up of the grounds outside the facility.
- Develops and implements productivity strategies that effectively lower controllable costs of sanitation labor, temporary labor, operating supplies, and cleaning chemicals while driving sanitation standard improvements.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance to ensure all regulatory and company standards and procedures are followed and met.
- Reports any unusual conditions (mechanical, sanitary, or personnel) to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Responsible for executing food safety, legality and quality policies and procedures within the scope of the job responsibilities such as but not limited to: GMP’s, HACCP, food safety, plant safety, product quality, food security, etc.
- Recommends and, when necessary, administers discipline on an equitable basis to personnel who fail to meet standards or violate Company rules.
- Supervises the placement, orientation, and training of new sanitation personnel
- Maintains and updates the Sanitation Manual to include all current cleaning procedures, employee safety training, chemical titrations, chemical SDS information, etc.
- Ensures all sanitation documents, master sanitation schedule and daily cleaning checklists are filled out correctly and maintained for audit purposes.
- Assists in initiating and implementing cost saving projects to increase efficiency and performance.
- Ensures that all plant support areas are cleaned on a scheduled basis.
- Ensures the entire facility is in an “audit ready status” at all times for any third- party audits or regulatory inspections.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Knowledge of industrial chemicals and compounds and their proper uses
- Applicable knowledge of industrial safety such as PPE, LOTO, confined space, hazardous communication, SDS, etc.
- Previous supervisory experience in sanitation, quality, or food processing
- Good verbal communication and leadership skills
- Familiarity with food processing equipment
- Knowledgeable of agency requirements: USDA, FDA, BRC/SQF
- Experienced in creating and managing a MSS (Master Sanitation Schedule)
Spring Glen Fresh Foods offers a salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Spring Glen Fresh Foods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.