The person in this position is responsible for the development and implementation of all systems and programs related to quality control for the Haas Innovations Center and U.S. based laboratories. The Quality Assurance Manager assists in the development and maintenance of quality management systems/software (ISO, food safety, sustainability, business continuity, etc.) and provides analytical and technical support company-wide to ensure the quality of all products sold.
This position is crucial to successful operations and therefore requires a high degree of latitude and flexibility. Working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Occasional night and weekend work, as well as travel, may be required, when special circumstances exist.
Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen (and random drug screens once employed).
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or related field
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) schemes, i.e. SQF, BRC, FSSC, GLOBALG.A.P. and Good Manufacturing Practices (including hazard analysis, critical control points, and food safety quality)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience identifying the root cause of an issue to get beyond treating symptoms
- Experience in the hop industry
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Training in ISO Quality Management Systems
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.