Quality Assurance Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Purpose: Implement and improve Quality Assurance and Food Safety practices and policies throughout the Plant and help align the organization to achieve these standards. Assist with overall supervision of QC Technicians to ensure that resource allocation is consistent with Production and Customer needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership: Representing and modeling Quality Assurance and Food Safety principles at all times; ensuring QC Technicians are following all necessary protocols (eg, SQF, HACCP, FSMA, SOP’s) and resolving cross-functional operational issues.
- Systems Orientation: deep understanding of all required systems, practices, and SOP’s, with a requirement to apply and improve them.
- Decision-Making: Collaborating and communicating decisions (and the reasons behind them) in a timely manner in order to support Production and Customer needs; signing off on HACCP documentation.
- Line and Product Knowledge: Full understanding of day-to-day operations in order to conduct line checks and HACCP checks; hosting USDA inspection personnel when on site as needed.
- Observation: Regular presence throughout the Plant to have real-time knowledge of ongoing Production and QC Lab operations.
- Product Checks: Verifying quality control criteria on ingredients and finished product (includes weights, labels, packaging, visual and taste)
- Safety Checks: Checking temperature on ingredients and finished products; checking labels and recipes for allergens; checking metal detector and x-ray operations.
- Documentation: Thorough and accurate recording and communicating of all tests, measurements and results, along with accurate paperwork for product and food safety checks.
This role requires seasonal off-shift and weekend work for training and Department coverage purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
English: Ability to read and speak English fluently
Team Player: Proven ability to work in a team and to collaborate with others. Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills
Food Safety Certified (HACCP and/or SQF and/or PCQI)
Software Skills: Intermediate level skills in email, Excel, and Word
QC/QA Experience: 2-4 yrs experience in a quality leadership role in food manufacturing
Degree: BS in Food Science preferred or equivalent by academic or industrial training
Lab/Office (50%): basic lab tests and product evaluations while standing up; computer work while sitting down
Plant (50%): refrigerated (40F) and wet environment
Supervisory/Managerial basic skills
Attention to Detail: Must be thorough and accurate with every detail of the job, especially with numbers and SOP’s
Conflict Management: Must be able to handle cross-functional differences of opinion, and to reach resolution
Continual Improvement Orientation: Must be able to learn systems quickly, and be able to generate improvement ideas
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.