Quality Assurance Technician
Come be a part of our team! Our company is large enough to offer room for advancement and great benefits, yet small enough to have still have a family environment. We welcome new ideas and input from our team members so you will be able to grow and develop along with us!
The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician will be responsible for overseeing, implementing, and updating the policies and procedures for all applicable food safety and food quality plans in use by the facility (Hamilton, ON). The QA Technician will provide support for the QA/QC Manager and Quality Control Technicians as required.
- Perform Internal auditing of SQF SOPs, GMPs, and work instructions
- Perform verification activities as outlined in HACCP program
- Assist QA/QC Manager with CAR/OFI root cause analysis
- Perform and maintain environmental monitoring program
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager as directed/required
- Perform any/all of the duties of the Quality Assurance Technician as required
- 1-3 years’ experience in a food manufacturing facility, in a QA or QC capacity
- 1-3 years with a Food Safety and/or Food Quality program, such as HACCP, ISO, or SQF
- Internal Auditing training would be an asset
- A degree or diploma from a recognized educational institution in Food Science or a closely related discipline
- Initiative and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.