Job Filled Director of Quality Assurance - Farming
We are seeking a Director of Quality Assurance of Farming to join our team in Lamont, CA.
This person will be responsible for the general oversight and management of quality assurance and food safety across the organic and conventional farming operations.
- Provide direction and leadership to Quality Assurance/ Food Safety Department personnel
- Monitor and respond to quality indicators
- Provide recommendations to farming, facilities, and sales based on field product quality
- Responsible for government, regulatory and customer audit administration
- Monitor and administer GAP program
- Troubleshoot and investigate food quality/food safety issues, and interact with all customer relevant representatives
- Develop, train and assess the performance of QA Department staff; Provide recommendations to management in relation to QA compliance
- Maintain food safety system documentation
- Additional projects and duties as it relates to this position
- This person must be experienced and knowledgeable in the areas of food safety, product safety, product quality standards, document control, and regulatory issues pertaining to organic and conventional farming
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a Quality Assurance related position
- Previous staff management experience is required
- A minimum educational background of a BS/BA degree in Microbiology, Food Science, and Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or related field is required, advanced degree preferred
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of FSMA and Good Agricultural Programs and requirements
- Must be knowledgeable in food quality, food safety and sanitation systems and programs
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring communication and interaction with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to speak and read English. Understanding of fresh vegetable product specifications, a plus
- Must have clean DMV
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen and physical
Continuous use of both hands, including grasping, pulling and pushing; use of sight, hearing; walking and balancing on even and uneven surfaces; standing, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, climbing, reaching forward, reaching overhead and below the shoulder; capable of working in hot and cold environments (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as -20° F to 32° F); must be able to work in a high noise area.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.