Quality Assurance Technician
Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of butter and dairy ingredients since 1904 and is looking to add a Quality Assurance Technician to our team in Greenwood, WI. With additional facilities across Wisconsin, Nebraska and Utah, Grassland is a key player in the dairy industry dedicated to producing high quality products while maintaining a positive work environment for a driven, talent-filled team of employees.
Quality Assurance(QA) monitors plant operations and programs relating to food safety, HACCP and regulatory issues. QA manages the quality program and also conducts all plant audits and third party audits. QA may also serve as plant SQF Practioner and HACCP Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and comply with applicable good manufacturing, safety, and quality assurance practices.
- Monitor cleaning records and frequencies
- Develop and implement food safety programs related to production
- Follow-up on customer complaints and correspond with production and sales related to complaints
- Monitor accuracy of analytical testing and ensure the product is compliant with product specification
- Manage product specifications
- Maintain documentation from suppliers related to food safety
- Maintain resources related to regulatory compliance and product requirements
- Coordinate HACCP team
- Maintain and implement policies and procedures relating to GMP’s, food safety and regulatory compliance
- Manage the Supplier Quality Assurance Program
- Manage Greenwood Milk Products Quality Program
- SQF Practioner
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of safety, quality, and efficiency
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and duties as they relate to food safety and regulatory compliance
- Exceptional leadership characteristics, communication skills, and ability to interact with management and employees
Education and Experience:
- College Degree (Associate Degree or beyond) in Food Science, Dairy Science, Production or related field or Graduate of military officer training school
- Or at least 5 years experience in Production with an emphasis in Quality Systems
Above the Rest Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and weekly pay period.
- Zero premium, company-paid health, dental and life insurance.
- Short-term disability.
- Profit sharing plan with 401(k) enhancement, matched.
- On-site health care and wellness initiatives.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.