Quality Control Mgr. Sr.
Grande Cheese Company is a family owned enterprise built on a tradition, quality and outstanding performance. We are dedicated to our cultural pride, professional excellence and to the dignity and respect of our Associates.
Job Summary: Provide leadership and expertise for food safety, quality and compliance within the facility. Manage quality initiatives, establish best practices, and implement programs to support current and new product and process development.
1. Talent Management
- Advocates for effective execution of the performance management process by collaborating with direct report/s to set clear objectives, goals and expectations.
- Conducts regular coaching and constructive feedback discussions to review performance and goal progress, assist with challenges, and identify strengths and development areas, all to support Associate professional and career development, while increasing engagement and motivation.
- Supports workforce planning and talent acquisition strategies by effectively staffing and hiring diverse talent for the organization.
- Addresses Associate relations and performance issues in a timely manner and/or makes appropriate decisions relative to performance challenges.
2. Product Safety & Quality Control/ Regulatory
- Provide leadership and expertise for food safety, quality and compliance within the facility.
- Manage quality initiatives, establish best practices, and implement programs to support current and new product and process development.
- Lead plant inspection activities with government & regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance within the facility.
- Manage food safety and quality programs (HACCP, SQF) and ensure immediate action is taken to identify and resolve food safety/defense issues.
- Has back-up responsibilities for, and is backed up by, as defined by the Facility Org Chart and Back-up Responsibilities chart.
- Develop, coordinate, and participate in annual training.
- Ensure documentation files are complete and maintained on all HACCP deviations, corrective actions and outcomes.
- Initiate discussion with plant Associates to develop proactive approaches to reduce the chance of a repeat occurrence.
- Provide leadership with mock recall and business continuity planning.
3. Quality Control
- Develop, analyze, and communicate data and information concerning product quality performance.
- Manage quality audits of the plant and coordination of required corrective actions.
- Maintain and monitor quality assurance surveillance programs (water, air, etc.) and coordinate any corrective actions.
- Develop and monitor in-process testing programs (moisture, butter fat, salt, Ph., ATP) and coordinate appropriate responses to unfavorable trends or results.
- Monitor and validate calibration programs for equipment (thermometers, RTD, in-process test equipment).
- Development and continuous improvement of SOP’s, SSOP’s, Pre-requisite program, critical processing specifications, and electronic collection of production data.
- Review site status with CCIPQ.
- Lead and direct the implementation of lean six sigma tools for continuous improvement.
- Develop, maintain and share reports that clearly summarize and communicate information on product quality, in-process test results, and comparison/calibration data.
- Partner with others in Operations Management and the Quality Assurance/Technology team and collaborate to increase product quality and safety.
- Be involved in strategic planning processes as needed.
4. Additional Responsibilities
- Lead and/or participate on strategic project teams using established Project Management processes.
- Bachelors Degree required. Degree in Food Science, Quality Management, or related field required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Eight (8) or more years related experience required. Food and dairy industry experience preferred.
- Six sigma and/or lean manufacturing experience desirable.
- Knowledge of SQF and other quality regulations, codes, and standards required.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local food and water regulations, including CFR, FSMA, the PMO, and Bioterrorism Act.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information, instructions and details and utilize to guide methods and procedures.
- Advanced project management, leadership, and delegation skills; able to lead projects, assign tasks and achieve results through others
- Knowledge of manufacturing and engineering processes.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, basic experience with laboratory software and manufacturing databases
- Certified Quality Manager designation a plus.
- SQF Practitioner
- HACCP SQF Implementation
Bachelors Degree or better in Food Science.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.