Quality Control Mgr
- Advocates for effective execution of the performance management process by collaborating with direct report/s to set clear objectives, goals and expectations. Conducts regular coaching and constructive feedback discussions to review performance and goal progress, assist with challenges, and identify strengths and development areas, all to support Associate professional and career development, while increasing engagement and motivation.
- Supports workforce planning and talent acquisition strategies by effectively staffing and hiring diverse talent for the organization.
- Addresses Associate relations and performance issues in a timely manner and/or makes appropriate decisions relative to performance challenges.
Product Safety & Quality/ Regulatory
- Serve as Lead SQF Practitioner to develop and implement Food Safety & Quality, SQF fundamentals, and the Food Safety Plan across Enterprise, plant to plant, and with Technology. Has back-up responsibilities for, and is backed up by, as defined by the Facility Org Chart and Back-up Responsibilities chart.
- Coordinate plant inspection activities with government & regulatory agencies to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain effective food safety and quality programs (HACCP, Preventive Controls, Pre-requisite, SQF), and take immediate action to identify and resolve food safety/defense issues.
- Develop, coordinate, and participate in annual training to improve knowledgebase and skills (Quality, Food Safety, Food Science, & SQF).
- Maintain complete documentation files on all HACCP deviations, corrective actions and outcomes. Initiate discussion with plant Associates to develop proactive approaches to reduce the chance of a repeat occurrence.
- Provide leadership with mock recall and business continuity planning.
- Lead the laboratory and environmental testing management programs for the facility.
- Develop, analyze, and communicate data and information concerning product quality performance. Take immediate action to resolve quality issues.
- Conduct routine quality audits of the plant and coordinate required corrective actions.
- Maintain and monitor quality control surveillance programs (water, air, etc.) and coordinate any corrective actions.
- Develop and monitor in-process testing programs (moisture, butter fat, salt, pH, ATP) and coordinate appropriate responses to unfavorable trends or results.
- Monitor and validate calibration programs for equipment (thermometers, RTD, in-process test equipment).
- Coordinate and participate in the continuous revision of SOP’s, SSOP’s, Pre-requisite program, critical processing specifications, and electronic collection of production data.
- Review site status with CCIPQ.
- Apply project management and six sigma tools for continual quality improvement.
- Develop, maintain and share reports that clearly summarize and communicate information on product quality, in-process test results, and comparison/calibration data.
- Interact with others in Technology, Operations Management and collaborate to increase product quality and safety.
- Lead and/or participate on strategic project teams using established Project Management processes.
- Monitor and maintain facility-specific Quality Control budget for the plant quality and laboratory operations.
- Provide input into the annual strategic planning of the facility-specific Quality Control department.
Bachelors Degree or better in Food Science or related field.
- Five (5) or more years related experience required.
- Food and dairy industry experience preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.