Food Safety, Quality Assurance, Food Waste Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
A successful candidate is one who is focused, competitive and driven by a passion for the mission to deliver good food to kids. You should have strong moral character, with a willingness and appreciation for open dialogue and transparency. An ability to facilitate or be part of a team is essential. Have an innate empathy with a keen interest in educating or being educated while building community in and around the organization. Someone who constantly strives for greatness through problem solving and innovation. Manage challenges with energy, balance and perseverance.
Reports To: CEO and CBDO
Purpose of Role:
This position provides strategic and operational direction and leadership for Gourmet Gorilla quality management function throughout the business pipeline. The position develops, implements, and assures the effectiveness of quality management systems. The position is also responsible for development and training of quality-related functional competencies including regulatory management, quality engineering, and quality systems management including procurement, production, and distribution to customers and consumers.
- Assures quality systems, audit procedures, and information reporting are in place and verified for Gourmet Gorilla business pipeline with the objective of delivering best-in-class product quality and food safety, and customer/consumer satisfaction.
- Business process owner of quality and food safety management systems, quality planning for new product and process developments, product hold management and retrieval, freshness management, and statistical process control for Gourmet Gorilla.
- Owner of quality specialist skills development and training for Gourmet Gorilla. Examples include HACCP and manufacturing-based quality management, quality engineering, regulatory management and GFSI and FSMA compliance, finished goods hold and traceability management, and food safety and quality systems auditing.
- Drives data-based continuous quality improvement throughout the product pipeline to increase efficiency and in response to customer/consumer quality concerns.
- Manage consumer/customer food safety and quality inquiry process.
- Drive root cause investigations into quality issues, with corrective action plans.
- Manage crisis management process
(What are the “must have” skills that allow the best applicant to exceed challenges and create the outputs described above?)
- Integrity and Trust
- Science and Technology
- Quality/Food Safety Management
- Disciplined, Self Motivated, Standing Alone
- Managing through Systems
- Values, builds, and manages relationships with excellence
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
(What does an applicant have to be able to do and know to create superior results in this role?)
- In-depth knowledge of Food Safety and Quality Management
- Understanding of food chemistry, food processing, packaging, and sensory systems
- Statistics for sampling, process control, and process improvement
- Computer systems and quality applications
- Broad network and influencing capability across business units and Food Industry
- External perspective and benchmarking for world-class quality management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for addressing all levels of the Villa Dolce Gelato business, customers, consumers, regulatory authorities, and consulting experts.
- Knowledge of key processing platforms and food safety risks in frozen dessert manufacturing.
- 6 years+ in R&D/Manufacturing/Commercial with a minimum of 3 years background in quality management
- Active quality systems professional
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering, or related technical field
Decision Making Authority and Impact
- Resource allocation within budget
- Use of external laboratories and experts
- Talent management and development
- Quality and food safety systems development
- Disposition of products due to quality system failure * Recommendations
- Budget and staffing requirements
- Major quality improvement initiatives or systems
- Continuous quality improvement opportunities across business segments
Job Type: Full-time
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.