Quality Control Manager
Looking for a job where a culture of teamwork, a desire for innovation and chances for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
Gourmet Foods International is looking for Quality Control Manager to be a part of our fun and fast-paced organization!
We seek a determined professional interested in helping our business grow by promoting an energetic climate, discipline, dedication and remarkable customer care. If you are a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then this is your opportunity for a rewarding career with excellent income and growth potential.
Responsible for all areas of Food Safety and Quality Assurance systems at Gourmet Foods International. Responsible for implementing and maintaining all training related to these areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in R&D process for innovative new products including regulatory approval of product labels confirming nutrition and ingredient information
- Oversees the development, implementation, review and maintenance of Atlanta facility SQF System including food safety fundamentals and food safety plans.
- Ensure the integrity of the SQF System by communicating requirements to relevant personnel, and performing verification and validation activities.
- Responsible for plant HACCP reporting to include data collection, procedure development and record keeping.
- Perform plant floor duties including, record keeping, HACCP documentation updating, policy and procedure compliance, auditing.
- Participate in and facilitate training of food safety and quality topics programs, policies, procedures, and documents for new hires, Supervisors/Management, annually as required, or otherwise as needed.
- Manage the supplier control program, documents and records
- Work with plant personnel ensuring ongoing compliance with a focus on maintaining and improving relationships.
- Collect information from plant floor operators ensuring compliance with quality standard operating procedures, product specification training and compliance, process control paperwork, etc.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes and internal auditing program (root cause analysis problem solving and corrective action).
- Competence to implement and maintain HACCP based food safety plans (HACCP Certified), with experience in Seafood HACCP (21CFR123)
- Experience with 3rd party auditors, customer inspections, and regulatory inspections
- Experience developing and performing facility and document internal audits
- Experience developing, implementing, and training SOPs
- Experience with Customer Complaint database tracking and feedback program
- Experience in developing, implementing, and training Sanitation Procedures and pest control
- Must be familiar with microbiological requirements and testing
- Experience working with Regulatory Affairs (USDA, FDA including FSMA)
- Enforce required GMPs, PPE, and OSHA requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook experience required
WORKSKILLS: Organized, excellent interpersonal skills to interact with internal departments, management and vendors. Ability to work with minimal supervision. 10% - 20% travel.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years previous food industry experience (preferably import) while not required a strong plus.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or Microbiology.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some moderate physical exertion on a regular basis due to ongoing food safety auditing and training responsibilities. Some travel required (9 warehouses involved).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional, business setting. Warehouse, food processing, and office environment.
WHO WE ARE: Gourmet Foods International was built on a true passion for fine food which has driven our company to become a leading specialty food supplier in the nation. We create a bridge between producers, customers, and consumers by bringing quality products to new and expanding markets. We also recognize our social responsibility to give back to our communities through outreach and sustainable business practices.
OUR BENEFITS for insurance include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability. We also offer 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with matching contributions, Profit Sharing, Competitive Salaries, Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development Programs and opportunity to Grow within the Company.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.