Quality Control Manager
Summary: Responsible for directing, coordinating, and managing all quality activities to ensure finished products meet company standards and regulatory compliance. Responsible for tracking, investigating, and responding to all Customer Complaints. Responsible for ensuring plant and programs required to meet food safety, AIB, and BRC requirements are in place and followed. This includes but is not limited to: Governmental and Regularity audits, customer inquiries, vendor audits, and other third-party audits. Candidate will train, develop, write, improve, implement and manage the information within the policies and procedures for compliance.
Posted Date: 11/19/2019
Job Location: Schaumburg
Position Type: Full-time
Division: Frozen Dough
Description: Key Responsibilities
- Oversee Quality functions, understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective QC processes.
- Create, standardize and maintain HACCP, SOP and SSOPs, and audit the program
- Maintain AIB and BRC standards, audit ready at all times.
- Perform internal audits, develop corrective actions
- Conduct employee training, supervisor other staff and provide guidance
- Review Quality records per HACCP requirements
- 6-8 years’ experience in food manufacturing in food safety and Quality favorable
- Knowledge of baking and/or frozen dough products preferred
- Proven experience, 5 years as Quality Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a related field
- Successfully completed GFSI scheme courses through a reputable company (i.e. AIB or Silliker)
- Successfully conducted internal food safety and good security training with all employees
- Exhibits a high level of emotional intelligence
- Knowledge of conducting an audit with FDA, including working knowledge of FDA requirements.
- Understanding of microbiological and chemical testing/analysis
- Must have working knowledge of GFSI/BRC standards
- Strong leadership ability, outstanding communication skills, followed by excellent organization and leadership skills.
- Technical writing skills, and proficient in MS Office
For over 130 years, Gonnella Baking Company has maintained a commitment to superior quality bakery products combined with a special standard of customer service. Gonnella has nurtured and maintained a strong presence as a national supplier of the highest quality frozen dough for in-store bakery and food service operations. Gonnella offers a competitive benefit package.
Qualified candidates please submit resumes to HRGFP@gonnella.com
Gonnella is an equal opportunity employer.
Please no phone calls.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.