JOB FILLED - QC Training Specialist
Title: Quality and Food Safety Program Implementation and Training Specialist
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Quality and Food Safety Program Implementation and Training Specialist is to create, enhance and implement/train Quality programs throughout the organization. This position is responsible for supporting the quality assurance and quality control functions within the company, and the key management components of the Quality System. The role provides functional leadership to develop, implement, maintain, and improve Quality processes across the manufacturing site and champions the Food Safety and Quality Process Improvement initiatives across all manufacturing and warehousing locations.
- Lead the Quality onboarding process for all Quality and Operations roles; develop training material and deliver training.
- Ensure all employees have met Quality learning requirements after completing training.
- Partners with Quality and Food Safety Manager, Operations, and other key stakeholders to implement changes, new process or new products in a safe manner and implement product quality conformance system.
- Develop, review, and update standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate and improve existing QA programs such as Food Safety Plan.
- Supports compliance for customer, regulatory and SQF audits.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow all food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in food science, microbiology, or other relevant degree and at least 5 years’ experience in quality and food safety.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a leadership role with focus on training.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to train, mentor, and develop team members.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- SQF Practitioner experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and quality management systems.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies preferred.
Other Skills and relevant considerations:
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and varying shifts, as required.
- Must be able to work independently and/or on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.