JOB FILLED - Food Safety Manager
- Manages food safety standards by researching current regulations in food safety and preparation; Maintains knowledge of all current federal, state, and local laws governing food handling; Conducts training with Regional Managers as needed to ensure compliance with food safety protocol; Develops new guidelines on food safety as necessary
- Instructs on food safety protocol by creating and conducting classes on food safety; Available to answer questions about food handling across multiple departments; Communicating corporate standards on food safety to all staff as needed
- Ensures smooth operations by making sure that the department functions consistently; Monitors staff for accuracy or protocols and procedures; Sets and maintains food safety key performance indicators
- Ability to create a culture that promotes food safety and health standards as a top priority; Addresses customer service calls and concerns related to food safety; Makes recommendations for improvement to senior management
- Implement, maintain, renew and fully manage Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) procedures and documentation
- Train management of recall procedures; run mock recall programs twice per year
- Participates, as well as leads, the coordination, preparation, and corrective action management for yearly internal and third party audits
- Maintains strong communication and teamwork ability cross-departmentally; Works closely with the purchasing team to ensure proper quality standards; Works closely with the marketing team on approving compliant labeling and packaging
- Assists in all new store openings; Research to see what licenses are required, gaining additional approvals, contacting each local health departments to see what is needed, apply for permits and make appointments for required inspections
- Degree in in food technology, food science, biology, public health, or related field; 3+ years’ experience in food safety management; Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment; Ability to multi-task to simultaneously complete several projects on strict deadlines
- HACCP certification experience required; ISO 22000 certification experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of applicable regulations and food safety standards in accordance with the FDA, USDA, CFIA, etc.
- Must be familiar with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards
- Strong auditing and assessment skills
- Effective time management skills, strong organizational skills, and available for flexible scheduling to meet he needs of the business
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Rx coverage
- Short Term Disability and Life insurance
- Paid company holidays plus paid time off (PTO)
- Comprehensive training opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth through internal promotions
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.