JOB FILLED - Senior Quality Engineer
General Mills Hannibal Plant makes food people love that directly supports the General Mills Supply Chain Snacks and Meals businesses. Hannibal produces consumer brand products such as Old El Paso Dinner Kits, Hamburger Helper Dinners, Suddenly Salad Sides & Nature Valley Bars. The Hannibal Plant is also proud to be the single source producer for our Progresso Soup Brand. The Hannibal Plant operates production out of multiple buildings and supports a separate warehouse & distribution site near the plant. Hannibal is located just 90 minutes north of St. Louis, Missouri.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for championing supplier food safety, managing material (ingredient or packaging) categories, and working with both internal and external partners to ensure the safety of General Mills’ products and processes.
You will also have the unique opportunity to impact the Innovation, Technology, and Quality function by leveraging your knowledge and skills to provide deep technical expertise, become a leader of global connections, and be recognized as a valued partner for our plant, sourcing, and business teams.
The right candidate for this role will leverage strong project management skills, relationship management skills, be results orientated, and be able to find opportunities for value creation in order to help the company succeed.
A role at the Hannibal Plant provides the opportunity to work in a large, multiplatform facility with a reputation for leveraging CI tools, developing and empowering team members and embracing and leading change. The Hannibal plant manufactures products for Progresso, Nature Valley, Old El Paso, and Betty Crocker brands among others. The Hannibal Plant has over 1000 employees. The primary accountability for this role will be supporting Progresso Soup in addition to supporting the site as Food Safety Program subject matter expert.
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop communication and influencing skills, a deep technical expertise of food safety and quality, and you will have an exposure to manufacturing environments both inside and outside of General Mills.
Key Career Experiences Gained:
Quality Engineers work closely with the operations team to provide quality, food safety, regulatory, and sanitation leadership to deliver excellence in consumer safety and satisfaction.
- Functional: Technology, Experimentation, Commercialization, Product Maintenance
- Leadership: Matrix Relationship Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Plant/Site Leadership
- Broadening: Multi-Functional, Multi-Business, Global Role/Responsibility, Cross-Geography, Field, Corporate, Transformation Initiative, External
- Provide FSQ leadership and direction through technical mastery in the areas of regulatory compliance, SPC, system capability, sanitation, and food safety risk mitigation and champion material supplier food safety and regulatory compliance
- Provide plantwide support for Food Safety Program management and training
- Build alignment and strategy with cross functional partners; lead risk assessments and root cause analysis activities for issue resolution.
- Provide leadership and technical support for R&D, HMM, reformulations, and new product start-ups.
- Provide leadership in the identification and implementation of product and process quality improvement opportunities and resultant productivity gains.
- Develop action plans with Operations, R&D, Engineering, and FSQ teams to ensure product specifications, analytical procedures, and sampling programs are appropriate and meet system capability and key consumer requirements.
- Using quality engineering principles, collect, analyze and interpret in-process and analytical data to make quality evaluations, recommend actions for improvement.
- Provide leadership for sanitation excellence.
- Review plans for new and changing systems and ensure effective product safety and sanitation design.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.