Food Safety Quality -FSQ- Specialist
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You’ve come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
To provide General Mills NOLA with Regulatory and Technical Quality and/or CoE Global support to effectively protect our brands and manage product safety, quality and compliance.
- Internal Quality Champion for LATAM, Caribbean, Central America and Southern Cone markets. Influence and build support across all functions of the business team to drive quality initiatives and improvements.
- Facilitate the consumer complaint programs including monthly reporting, issue resolution and complaint follow-up.
- Provide support to the local business units programs in NOLA regarding new products and providing technical product information.
- NOLA Acceleration programs
- Focus on Mexico local production
- NV and Betty Crocker
- Tech Specs, labeling, etc.
- Proactively manage communication of product reformulations and sourcing changes to minimize the potential business impact for NOLA.
- Qualify marketing claims, new product introductions and customer information requests.
- Identify any gaps and work with the team to implement improvement plans.
Regulatory Affairs & Compliance
Be the contact person for Regulatory Affairs, providing regulatory advice upon innovation and import projects to ensure compliance at the target country of sale.
- Develop open and effective cross-functional relationships with Export Compliance, Government Relations, Nutrition & Health, Law, Central FSQ, Trade Associations and other relevant functions and stakeholders internal and external.
- Develop bilingual labeling and Spanish stickers that comply with NOLA countries regulations and General Mills and policies.
- Create and update technical documentation for the region with the opportunity to support other global groups.
- Manage stickers program internally and externally (Distributors and Customers) for NOLA – with the opportunity to support other global groups.
- Support approval of all new packaging and labeling.
- Provide FSQ input on imported products.
- Ensure that all issues raised by regulatory authorities are resolved to protect General Mills and NOLA.
- Support Product Registration team with the execution of Sanitary Registration by providing regulatory guidance when barriers to registration are encountered.
- BS in Food Technology/Science Degree or related discipline.
- Minimum 2-4 years in Quality and Regulatory Affairs experience.
- Knowledge of Food regulations related to additives, labeling, packaging and export/import in the US and Latin America.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
- Good leadership, communication (written and verbal) and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of communicating with different countries and teams.
- Able to work on a variety of different projects and prioritize appropriately.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Flexible and able to handle ambiguity.
- Able to work independently and still support team in other functional areas.
- Some travel within the Caribbean, Central and South America will be necessary.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.