SQF Practitioner (QA / Food Safety Manager)
If you are an energetic, hands-on, results-oriented professional that understands the paramount importance food safety and enjoys performing a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment, look no further. We are a high-growth, family-owned snack food company looking for a Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager who can contribute to our team. In return, you will benefit from advancement and compensation opportunities presented within our company.
In addition to previous experience in a food safety and/or QA role, the ideal candidate will also have the innate ability to proactively get things done, make sound decisions independently and spot opportunities for improvement in our existing processes and procedures.
The Food Safety & QA Manager will oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of food safety and quality programs at a level necessary to receive and maintain GFSI certification while ensuring alignment with company objectives and adherence to regulations published by the FDA and INDPH.
- Competitive Salary
- 401K + Company Match
- Health and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Provide ongoing guidance, execution and vision to develop and support comprehensive food safety and quality programs
- Communicate food safety and quality assurance related information and expectations internally/cross functionally and with external partners
- Monitor performance of food safety and quality control systems to ensure efficacy and efficiency
- Plan and perform bi-annual mock recalls
- Organize and maintain vendor quality control documents
- Review documentation necessary for regulatory submissions and/or inspections
- Supervise/host 3rd party audits and perform internal audits
- One to three years of experience in a food manufacturing environment
- HACCP Certified Manager
- Certified SQF Practitioner
- Previous GFSI audit experience
- Excellent communication, decision-making, motivational, organizational and leadership skills
- BS in Food Science or Food Technology is preferred. A combination of education and experience may suffice
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.