Quality Assurance, Food Safety Compliance and Regulatory Manager
For over forty five years, GA Foods has been creating and delivering high quality nutritious and well-balanced meals to seniors, children, military and emergency response. GA Foods sets ourselves apart with flavorful menus tailored to our client's palettes, a delivery service unmatched by the competition and a One Team attitude.
The GA Foods team is a diverse and energetic group. We are based in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, but can be found from California to New Jersey, Texas to Georgia...and even more locations as we have become one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. We thrive on our "One Team" company culture and promote teamwork and leadership within the organization. Looking for a job that will challenge you and motivate you to achieve your highest potential? You have come to the right place.
This is a new position, responsible for overseeing quality assurance (HACCP, SOP'S, GMP'S) as well as food safety compliance and regulatory (USDA, FDA, etc.). This individual will assure the company's QA system promotes customer satisfaction and positively impacts financial performance on a company-wide basis. Champions CI efforts and DIFOT to initiate and implement Q1 activities as appropriate to raise performance of product lines. Will also oversee the company's food safety and regulatory compliance programs (USDA, FDA, other).
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage and integrate the quality process for manufacturing.
- Serve as primary QA/QC resources for problem identification/resolution/loss reporting/C1.
- Design, implement and document procedures for process control/improvement, testing/inspection.
- Establish and implement metrics for monitoring system effectiveness to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Perform root cause analysis and other problem solving activities.
- Analyze customer product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture/reproducibility.
- Oversee lab analysis samplings, calibration and testing programs.
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for general operation of the various regulatory agencies, including investigation and resolution protocols, acting as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure compliance issues/concerns are appropriately evaluated, investigated, documented and resolved appropriately, including development of corrective action plans.
- Responsible to maintain and updated food safety and HACCP programs based on changes in regulation
- Responsible for USDA, FDA, and other audits and inspections
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- BS in Food Science or related field preferred.
- HACCP and CPFM Certification.
- Must have 5 or more years experience in food production or related industry (nutra/pharmaceuticals) in quality control/assurance management role.
- Knowledge and experience in FDA or USDA inspected environment is required.
- Knowledge and experience in food labeling compliance.
- Knowledge and experience of lab testing for food chemistry/microbiology.
Job will require extended periods of standing, walking, bending to carry necessary duties. Lifting requirements are typically 50lbs. or less.
Drug-Free Work Place / Tobacco-Free Workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.