Some of the duties include:
1. Monitor the compliance of processes and associated records to company quality systems and initiatives to the Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSI). Report findings to Plant Manager and assist in problem solving.
2. Plant technical documentation review including but not limited to supplier COA’s, QA paperwork and shipping/receiving paperwork and inbound receiving.
3. HACCP Plan leadership and oversight/maintenance
4. Maintain regulatory compliance by approving labels and regular label audits
5. Conduct formal root cause analyses for any non-conforming items and assure the Continuous Improvement process is utilized
6. Project management and delegation for R&D evaluation involving new ingredients or changes to existing ingredients and completing projects to improve the quality program
7. Organize, manage and lead the audit and certification process for all Food Safety/Quality audits and certifications, including GMP, BRC, and USDA.
8. Create, manage and perform internal food safety audits, mock recalls, etc.
9. Maintain documentation for product specifications, packaging and quality standards
10. Manage supplier quality programs to ensure high quality and safe raw materials.
11. Implement and manage employee training programs relating to GMP’s, HACCP, and other quality and safety programs
12. Manage environmental and product monitoring programs
13. Establish, document and assess SSOPs for the plant and equipment. Provide and coordinate training in the area of sanitation and chemical programs
14. Manage on-time closure of assigned deviations and non-conformities.
15. Analyze quality inspection data to identify all types of quality problems and perform root cause analysis.
16. Assist in collecting and reporting weekly and monthly Quality reports, e.g., First Pass Quality, Complaints, NCR, Deviations, and others as assigned.
17. Maintain documents for Audits.
18. Continuously verify/validate sanitation effectiveness and propose better ways to clean/sanitize.
A qualified candidate must:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Food Science, Chemistry or related field
2. Previous Quality/GFSI/HACCP/SSOP experience in the meat industry
3. 5+ years manufacturing/management related experience in a food production and sanitation environment
4. Prior experience in developing and managing training programs, understanding diverse learning styles and levels of education
5. Self-motivated and highly performance oriented
6. Solid attention to detail to maintain audit records and audit reports.
7. Problem solving and statistical skills using quality tools (Pareto analysis, statistical process control, etc.).
8. Strong communication skills both verbal and written across all levels of management.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
10. Pass drug test and E-verify (I9)
11. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Starting wage DOE.