Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor
Frieda’s is hiring a Quality Assurance Supervisor. The QA Supervisor will oversee the all-Quality Control personnel and will develop, implement and monitor company policies and procedures related to the Company’s Quality Assurance and Inventory programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing policies, procedures (SOP's), and programs that assure products are a superior quality in compliance with in-house specifications and all applicable legal and regulatory agencies.
- Manages and conducts regular product inspection in all coolers and refrigerated warehouse space to ensure Quality and proper rotation of products.
- Develops and implements Quality Assurance standards and specifications for all product categories.
- Ensures that 100% of inbound product lots are inspected; complete and distribute inspection reports to the Supply Team in a timely manner.
- Works with Compliance to ensure that all products are stored at proper temperatures and humidity.
- Oversees regular pathogen testing in the facility as required by our Food Safety program.
- Assists in improvement of quality of products received, stored and shipped at Frieda's.
- Collaborates with Supply Team, Receiving, Inventory and Production personnel to provide guidance, training and input on Quality Standards.
- Oversees product shelf-life testing or packaging testing.
- Works with the Sales Department and customers to provide information and assistance on resolving Quality issues.
- Oversees the disposal of product not suitable to ship.
- Continuously analyzes and implements process improvement procedures.
- All other duties as assigned and/or required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited four-year college or university preferred, with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the area of Produce Quality Assurance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have minimum of two (2) years management/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of USDA grades and standards.
- PCQI certified is a plus.
- Bi-lingual: English and Spanish (preferred)
- Must be proficient with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Other Skills and Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, strong analytical aptitude and administrative abilities.
- Must have a strong ability to properly prioritize workload, work under high volume conditions, give feedback to multiple departments, delegate and work independently.
- Must have personal integrity, be able to adapt to a flexible work schedule, be dependable, have ability to take directions from multiple sources and work independently
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop knee, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or, move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.