Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager will provide leadership, direction, and day-to-day support to the organization managing the processes that are critical to food safety and delivering unsurpassed quality to the North American Salads and Healthy Snacking businesses.
This involves providing leadership, overall management, measurement, analysis, feedback, and business related reports on raw, intermediate, and finished product quality. In addition, this position will be accountable for the overall strategic quality leadership, directly integrating it into the business to drive revenue and growth.
- Lead and directly oversee the following areas: Food Safety Plan and associated programs, Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP), microbial and/or ATP testing of process equipment and environmental surfaces, good manufacturing practices (GMP), quality specification compliance, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Quality training programs and food analytical testing procedures
- Continuously evaluate and implement risk mitigated approach to Environmental Monitoring
- Manage QA and Sanitation supervisors
- Communicate effectively to cross-functional areas as necessary
- Build strong customer relations in the quality and technical areas
- Quality System Development / Implementation: Design, develop, and implement quality systems across the supply chain to identify quality parameters and associated monitoring and controls
- Working with R&D and the business to develop consumer relevant specifications
- Designing and implementing appropriate verification / validation schemes for resulting business reporting capabilities
- Continuous support and monitoring of Food Safety Program Process Control Points
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of standardized product specifications, process SOP's and performance targets
- Continual research, identification of new technologies, and processes to improve quality.
- Apply SPC concepts to reduce process variation, improve quality, and optimize cost
- Quality Reporting: Develop appropriate business related reports to drive quality improvement across the supply chain. This includes historical quality metrics and data to develop and track product quality and cost of quality failure. Ensure robust quality inspection processes. Manage systems that integrate product/process quality data to ensure delivery of the highest quality product to customers and consumers.
- Technical Consulting: Provide technical quality expertise and tools to help optimize resources and quality while minimizing cost
- Strategic Consulting: Work closely with Ag Operations, procurement, manufacturing, and logistics to develop appropriate quality processes and procedures across the supply chain
- Assess the impact of any market and/or supply chain process improvement to ensure quality is at the center of all final decisions
- Support customer relations by providing support to sales team with information, audits, and customer support
- Organizational Development: Ensure resources are in place to adequately support quality and business needs
- Responsible for the management and development of field and manufacturing quality resources supporting the North American business.
Experience in agriculture (growing and/or protecting/auditing), as well as the processing of foods (floor, lab, and quality assurance management)
Advanced knowledge of statistics, including fundamental analyses, SPC, DOE, and quality engineering tools
Proven analytical skills resulting in decision making that protects the customer, consumer, and the brand
Strong English verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to develop people, teams, and oneself through innovative means
Demonstrated ability to both lead a team and work in a matrix organization
Ability to influence at all levels of the organization across all functions
Ability to prioritize duties in a changing environment to meet business objectives
Ability to communicate well in both written and verbal form, in both small team and large public venues
Effective presentation, and public speaking skills
Experience in Environmental Monitoring and pathogen testing protocols
Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
4-7 years' experience in quality assurance or process control with 2 to 4 years as a manager
Agriculture or specific produce experience is preferred
Experience with Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)- PCQI Certification
Certification in Quality disciplines (i.e. ASQ CQE, CQA, etc.) preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related field
- Master’s degree a plus
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.