FSQA Supervisor – Quality Assurance
Responsible for supervising food safety systems along with quality programs, policies, procedures and processes that are designed and necessary to ensure food safe products, comply with government regulations and adhere to quality standards and specifications for the Freebird plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all HACCP/SSOP documents are filled out properly and that all critical control point limits are maintained.
- Ability to set up and conduct all microbiological test i.e. salmonella, campylobacter, listeria, aerobic plate count and fill in for the microbial technician if absent for any reason.
- Complete sensory evaluations.
- Ensure that all samples are properly packaged and sent. Maintain records of samples sent.
- Perform chemical analysis.
- Perform special assignments as directed by the FSQA Manager or Complex Manager.
- Fill in for FSQA Manager in his/her absence to include HACCP Coordinator duties.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Perform monthly plant GMP audits with or as directed by the FSQA Manager.
- Maintain Hold Report Log and distribute reports
- Train QA Line Technicians in area of responsibility i.e. AQL, quality attributes, HACCP and sensory evaluations.
- Review all QA in-line documents to ensure that they are within the limits of the specification prior to final review by the FSQA Manager.
- Provide supervision for QA Technicians
- Enforcement of company policies and procedures.
- Perform other comparable and related duties, as assigned.
Provide oversight and monitoring of operational processes and QA Techs for compliance with procedures to include, but are not limited to SSOP, HACCP, GMP, Animal Welfare and other regulatory pre-requisite programs. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Poultry/Animal Science, Food Science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 1-2 years experience poultry and supervisory experience in quality assurance.
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing skills, including good grammar and spelling.
- Strong analytical ability and math skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and complete work in a timely manner.
- SQF Practitioner (not required, but desired).
- HACCP certification.
- Labeling experience (not required, but desired).
- Bi-Lingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
Lifting up to 50 Lbs.
Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
Exposure to fluorescent lights
No extreme climate or climate variations
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.