FS/QA Manager- TMV
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Food Safety Quality Assurance Manger is responsible for providing supervision, direction,correction and verification on the Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan, and all related company initiatives at assigned facility. Oversight responsibility includes assuring that all company departments’ policies and procedures adhere to the BRC Food Safety Code, USDA, Halal and EV while complying with all Federal, State, and Local Regulatory agencies. In addition, the FSQA Manager verifies that the company achieves Customer Expectations, adheres to established Finished Goods Specifications, oversight, and verification of BRC Certification, provides for Continual Process Improvement and involvement with Research and Development projects. The FSQA Manager is the primary liaison between the company and USDA, Vendors, Lab and Auditors. Back-up for the QA team members. The FSQA Manager has the responsibility and authority to stop any operation that threatens Employee Safety, Food Safety or Food Quality. The FSQA Manager works in concert with Production Management to achieve a balance between maximizing profit margins, while maintaining quality, consistency and assuring that safe, wholesome, and unadulterated food enters commerce. This position will be responsible for Food Safety QA over multiple shirts.
- Oversees the Quality Assurance team members, while ensuring enforcement of and certification to the company’s Quality Mission Statement objective & standard; The Global Food Safety Initiative, (GFSI) – BRC
- Communicates the BRC Quality policy Statement to Senior Management and all employees to assure company awareness of and compliance to all Federal, State, Local, Third Party, BRC and Regulatory Requirements.
- Verifies vendor compliance with inbound Ingredients, Raw Material, Food Contact Packaging Specifications and organizational adherence to outbound Finished Goods Sensory Evaluations, and Customer Specifications.
- Enforces SQF required compliance document control and communicates Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP – Critical Control Points (CCP), and all other applicable official GFSI document responsibilities and obligations to Managers, Line Leaders and Employees.
- Directs the Investigation and analysis of customer complaints and # 2, (non-conforming product) to determine the root cause, identify trends, initiate corrective action, and implement preventive action to prevent reoccurrence.
- FSQA Manager is the Food Safety and Food Quality Team Leader and conveys the BRC benchmark Food Safety and Food Quality job requirement responsibilities and obligations Consults with applicable departments on inspection findings delegates’ corrective action, and reports progress to the Director of QA and Plant Manager.
- Maintains OSHA Safety regulations in all company processes.
- Assures Senior Management Level engagement in, and support of, the company Policies, the Food Safety Plan, the Food Quality Plan and the BRC Code.
- Instills Food Safety and Food Quality duties and responsibilities in all managers, line leaders and employees, and encourages all to be Food Safety Inspectors and report Food Safety and Food Quality defects.
- Answers all USDA, FSIS, FDA and other Regulatory Non-Compliance Reports and delegates and coordinates interdepartmental corrective action for the company.
- Works with all other departments to identify systematic operational and preoperational problems affecting food safety or quality and orchestrates process improvements or system changes and corrective actions to resolve problems and improve operations.
- Guarantees achievement of company safety targets and quality metrics through internal BRC self-audit, trend analysis and revision and reports the findings to Senior Management.
- Participates in the planning and execution of new product start-ups and the implementation of product improvements and/or reformations.
- Ensures plant adherence to all Customer, Safety, Quality, Halal, EV and Regulatory requirements.
- Conveys expectations to all employees, line leaders and managers through the continuous training.
- Monitors BRC internal audit reports to track and trend errors, review and analyze data and determine if modifications or additions to the production process or quality program are needed.
Skills, Competencies, & Other Qualifications
1. Must Demonstrate: Recognized leadership ability and strong interpersonal skills.
2. Excellent communication, written and oral, and customer service relationship skills.
3. Analytical skills
4. Intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or five or more years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other skills required: HACCP certified, SSOP, GFSI, FDA a plus
- Five years' industry experience in Food Safety or Quality related field. Preferably 3+ years of progressive experience in a meat or food processing facility
- Three years + Supervisory Experience
- In-depth knowledge of the food manufacturing aspects of a further processing operation.
- Sanitation/Pre-op experience required
Up to 10% travel
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.