2nd Shift - Food Safety / Quality Assurance Supervisor
Salary Range: $50,000.00 To $65,000.00 Annually
FPL Food, LLC, the number one family-owned processor of fresh beef products and ground beef selections in the Southeast, is seeking a qualified 2nd Shift - Food Safety / Quality Assurance Supervisor for the Augusta, GA facility. Excellent pay and benefits, growth opportunities, and professional but friendly environment.
HOURS OF POSITION: 2:00pm to 11:00pm
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Supervises the quality assurance and food safety operations of a beef complex or plant. Ensures that products meet or exceed all requirements critical for product safety, legal compliance, regulatory compliance, and quality. Responsible for providing a safe and healthy work environment free of all recognizable hazards. Understand and adhere to policies related to safety and assure others do the same.
- Responsible for assisting management and supervising QA technicians in providing a safe and healthy work environment, free of all recognizable hazards. Must understand and comply with FPL’s safety performance audit. This shall include but not be limited to providing safety training to employees, conducting safety audits, completion, and follow-up of maintenance work orders, and completing the necessary documentation.
- Assists with the management of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) programs including prerequisite and supporting programs. Responsible for auditing personnel compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), and other quality and/or food safety systems.
- Assists with managing various QA documentation including the compilation of data and the preparation of charts and reports. Assists in the maintenance and accuracy of the product hold logs.
- Assures that nonconforming product is properly dis-positioned and reported to the appropriate personnel.
- Provides appropriate administrative support to hourly associates in regards to payroll, attendance, and other related areas.
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Life Science, Biology, or related field
1 – 3 years of experience in a food processing environment
Special Skills, Competencies, & Other Qualifications
- Must Demonstrate: Recognized leadership ability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, written and oral, and customer service relationship skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Excel, Work, and Outlook.
- Travel: Less than 10%.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.