JOB FILLED - Quality Assurance Supervisor
The QA Supervisor will work closely with Director of Operations, Plant Manager, plant employees, and Quality Control to ensure that we meet Forsman Farms’ expectations by providing our customers safe and quality eggs every single day.
- Direct all Food Safety & Quality activities in the processing facility, including communicating food safety & quality goals and expectations to operations. This will at times involve coming in early and staying late
- Oversee development, implementation, maintenance of Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, HACCP plans, and all prerequisite programs including, but not limited to; GMP, SOP, SSOP
- Oversee and manage Quality Control program, including scheduling, setting expectations, and ensuring all food safety and quality points are met.
- Manage and ensure we pass all third party (SQF) and customer audits
- Oversee training program, ensuring that it meets SQF standards
- Provide oversight of the plant laboratory operations and manage environmental monitoring program
- Investigate and manage customer complaints, partnering with sales and operations to find solutions to problems that arise
- Liaise with AMS Grader, FSIS Inspector, and other regulators
- Bachelor's degree in food science, biological sciences, or related filed, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- We are looking for individuals who are dependable, self-motivated, possess a strong attention to detail, and able to work with others and manage employees
- The QA Supervisor must be able to understand systems and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. SQF Practitioner certification a plus, but will train
- Minimum 2 years of experience in food processing environment
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.