JOB FILLED - Safety & Food Safety Coordinator
We are an established company operating in Yuma, AZ. and Salinas, CA. We provide agricultural labor needs and custom harvesting for our customers, creating value for farmers while maintaining a safe and professional program. We service every major food level, providing operational support functions to our customers. Our staff is incredibly dedicated, and we are looking to build onto that team.
We are looking for a bilingual/biliterate (English/Spanish) Safety and Food Safety Coordinator. You will be responsible for promoting a safety-first culture and help to ensure a successful food safety program.
- Maintain a presence at field locations, conduct daily crew inspections and provide employees with an opportunity to discuss any matter relating to safety and food safety.
- Ensure that safety and food safety programs and activities are in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and Company policies.
- Provide topics for Safety Meetings and randomly observe ‘Tailgate’ Safety Meetings.
- Routinely inspect all equipment and vehicles regarding safety conditions.
- Ensure ‘lock – out, tag – out’ procedures are being followed.
- Collaborate with Management regarding preventing workplace injuries and mitigating risk.
- Inspect and maintain all first aid kits and provide safety and food safety orientations.
- Provide pesticide worker protection training.
- Ensure that all trucks and buses have proper safety inspection and registration.
- Monitor workers’ compensation injuries and participate in action plan to mitigate workplace injuries.
- Meet injured employees at doctor or hospital, assist with necessary paperwork, and make appropriate reports.
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all Company employees, including general labor, administrative, supervisory and management employees and external stakeholders.
- Relocate to Yuma, Arizona and Salinas, CA dependent on business needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Safety and Food Safety.
- Proven collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the Company’s HRMS, Safety, and Food Safety applications.
- Current drivers license with a DMV record acceptable to insurance carrier.
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree with an emphasis in Agriculture, Safety or Food Safety or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position.
- Travel required, about 30%.
- Requires working outside normal business hours and weekends.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.