Quality Assurance Product Specialist
The Quality Assurance/Product Coordinator is a member of the QA/FS Team whose primary responsibilities include product specification management and product testing. This role will be conducting daily product testing and analysis; collecting, reviewing and maintaining detailed product specifications and documentation/certifications; responding to requests for detailed product specification; assisting with the development and launch of our Product Portal where all product detail will be stored.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities of the role)
PRODUCT SPECIFICATION MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE
- Collects, organizes and reviews specifications and documentation for new products/partner facilities
- Creates product spec sheets (approval‐ Amy)
- Manages biannual review of all approved product specs and documentation
- Organizes product related documentation received post set‐up from partner suppliers, labs, etc.
- Assists our partner suppliers with using the FM online portal; works with suppliers to ensure
- information is complete and kept up to date
- Assists with set‐up process for private label accounts where excessive documentation/paperwork is required
- Collects and files product and facility certifications (approval‐ Amy)
- Assists with requests for technical product specifications required to complete detailed customer
- set‐up forms, online portals, or satisfy general requests
- Conducts daily organoleptic and chemical analysis of products based on weekly testing schedule, records and compares results to approved specs, investigating variance as needed
- Sets up, participates in, and documents review/tasting of potential/competitive products
- Organizes testing first shipment of new products, products which have undergone a spec change, and ‘new crop’ against control samples and specifications
- Assists with in‐house shelf life studies
- Assists Quality Assurance Team with various projects or investigations as needed
- Visits warehouse in NJ to pick‐up product and assist with special projects as needed.
Background Requirements (Education, years of experience, industry/role experience, etc.)
- BS or food science degree preferred
- 2‐3 years of experience in quality assurance, food production, or a food related role in a corporate office
- Understanding of SSOP’s, GMP’s and HACCP training/certification is preferred
- Drivers License
Skill & Ability Requirements (Technical and soft skills, industry/field knowledge, personality traits, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail
- Able to move and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to quickly adjust priorities and handle unexpected & time sensitive requests
- To truly succeed at FOODMatch, you need to have a passion for food. The successful candidate will be eager to learn the intricacies and unique attributes of our product line.
This role requires minimal travel
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.