Regional Quality Program director (QFS Region 2)
Date: Oct 9, 2020
Location: Anywhere, NC, US
The Regional Quality Program Director will have the responsibility for providing support and direction and ensuring the successful implementation of Flowers Foods quality standards in regional plants. The position requires significant self-direction, with extensive cross-functional work with partners and team members throughout the US.
This position is required to provide a high degree of focus on continual improvement of quality and food safety within the region.
- Routine plant support visits
- Perform internal plant audits
- Communicate visit and audit schedules
- Support plants during GFSI and customer audits
- Policy deployment and training
- Routine review of plant Food Safety Plans
- Collaborate with other Regional Quality Program Managers to standardize Food Safety Plans
- Root cause analysis and CAPA assistance
- Develop internal process KPIs for Quality and Food Safety
- KPI reporting and scorecard for region
- Develop standardized quality process – test methods, procedures, lab equipment
- Ensure plant employee engagement – Quality First / Vision Boards / Quality Challenge
- Drive Management of Change process
- Analyze complaint and product evaluation data to evaluate trends and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Engineering design review from a Food Safety prospective
- Perform capability studies – process controls
- Perform quality assessments – new equipment installations
- Ensure scaling weight optimization and automated data load
- Measurement of variation: statistical process control and equipment capability/machine performance improvement
- Assist with implementation of Automated Data Collection devices (Redzone, Sightline, Go Spot Check, etc.)
- Proactively work to solve issues affecting customers
- Provide technical support as needed for other departments
A minimum of 5 years of management experience in the food and/or Pharmaceutical industry is required.
Candidate minimum qualifications
- HACCP certification and FSMA PCQI and GFSI (BRC or SQF) required
- Understands and can apply basic microbiological principles
- Strong auditing and assessment skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strength
- Significant experience working cross-functionally and managing/developing a team
- Computer software skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of food laws, and U.S regulations.
- Good judgment, decisiveness, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, accurate and excellent record keeping skills
- 10.Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time
A 4-year degree in the Sciences or Engineering is required for this position.
position can be based anywhere in the US.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 11/7/20. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to HR.LSFlowers@flocorp.com.
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Food Safety, CAPA, Quality, Management, Engineering
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.