Hungry for a new opportunity? Do you have an appetite to lead a sanitation team in the food manufacturing industry who produce top quality, in-demand products? We have the role for you. Our Flatout Bread facility, a T. Marzetti Company, is looking for a Sanitation manager that has the desire to work with a company leading the industry in consumer packaged goods.
When you join Flatout Bread you’re joining a trustworthy and proud organization that recognizes people are our greatest asset. With our company, you get work life balance, inviting and fun culture, attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, career opportunities, and more. NOW is the time to join The Better Food Company!!
Directs and manages the overall sanitation of food contact areas and manufacturing equipment to ensure compliance to required standards for cleanliness. Assures food quality and safety while achieving established goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs and leads shift activities through planning and communication with associates to ensure all sanitation objectives are accomplished in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner.
- Controls chemical usage and purchasing for the sanitation area.
- Directs and coordinates the implementation of the master sanitation schedule/program for all processing and packaging equipment and storage vessels in accordance with company and FDA standards.
- Monitors CIP equipment to ensure proper operation by shift personnel if applicable.
- Monitors the storage and use of cleaning chemicals within the warehouse to prevent unauthorized access or use.
- Controls and minimizes overtime labor and maintenance costs.
- Monitors the usage of all cleaning/sanitizing chemicals and agents to ensure compliance to safety requirements.
- Maintains close working relationship with QA and responds to deviations from standards immediately.
- Ensures compliance to all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
- Provides training, direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to associates.
- Maintains good employee, corporate and community relations.
- Guides and directs along with department managers and shift supervisors to ensure a trouble-free shift start-up.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, housekeeping and safety in the plant area.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HACCP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
- Performs other duties / responsibilities as assigned by management.
Works in an office and manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and occasionally lift while moving about the facility. The associate is regularly exposed to fumes, odors, dust, oil, and slippery floors. The noise level in the plant is loud. Earplugs, safety glasses, hairnets, beard nets, (if facial hair exists) and steel toed/slip resistant shoes and gloves are required as necessary in the plant in accordance with company GMP and safety standards. The associate may be exposed to non-ambient temperatures, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment. Position may require continuous standing, squatting, lifting, sitting, bending, and moving.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a food-related industry.
- Associates degree in business or equivalent experience/training in CIP systems and chemical usage.
- Working knowledge of sanitation equipment, methods and chemicals.
- Ability to work with Office programs (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
Directly supervises 5-15 associates in sanitation and plant activities throughout the plant. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and results of the sanitation program on a designated shift; Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, appraising associates; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Flatout is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.