Quality Assurance Manager
- Develop, maintain and keep current all supplier and ingredient certifications.
- Maintain ongoing files for nutritional information and ingredient Certification of Analyses.
- Maintain organized filing system to ensure all information is readily available at any time to support company needs.
- Work closely with production personnel to identify problems and corrective actions.
- Responsible for oversight, assistance and review of all quality audits performed by external parties.
- Responsible for continuing maintenance of HACCP and GMP’s for the facility.
- Documentation of processes at the facility. Insure that proper procedures and documentation is being applied to all products as they are produced.
- Oversee quality management, certification systems and procedures.
- Oversight of SQF System and process.
- Maintain the integrity of the SQF System.
- Maintain plant formulation systems and ensure food safety procedures are implemented, practiced and documented.
- Monitor vendors to ensure quality standards are met.
- Develop and maintain systems to assure facility meets all USDA/FDA requirements and regulations.
- Manages and directs the staff responsible for microbiological testing and other quality control testing of plant products. Oversees maintenance of the weight and defect control programs in accordance with plant and company standards.
- Ensures that company product “hold” policies and procedures are communicated to plant staff and that the plant adheres to the procedures. Recommends, as appropriate, the suspension of product or the release of product when quality standards are not achieved.
- Participates in GMP, sanitation, and safety inspections throughout the production departments and corrects or issues work orders to correct, any identified deficiencies. Follows up on work orders, with the appropriate associates to ensure expeditious performance of the requested work.
Certified SQF Practitioner.
BA in Food Science or related field.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a USDA inspected facility.
Certified SQF Practitioner.
HACCP Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized and accredited HACCP training firm.
Ability to analyze process for biological, chemical, and physical hazards with an understanding of the science and support behind each type of hazard and each step of a production process.
Experience with FDA and USDA regulations.
Ability to work in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
Strong, logical decision-making skills.
Must be able to efficiently manage time and meet deadlines.
Exhibit sense of ownership and accountability.
Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and the company.
Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail.
Good problem solving skills, corrective action and resolution skills.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.