Food Safety Director
Field Fresh Farms has been growing produce on the Central Coast for four generations and has a long history with the environment that sustains us, the fertile lands we manage, the healthy products we grow and pack, and the communities and companies we partner with.
As a vertically integrated grower, processor, packer, and shipper, we have full control over every aspect of our business, which allows us to maintain an unwavering commitment to quality in everything we do. From tilling to table, the distributors and foodservice providers we work with know they will be providing their customers with vibrant, flavorful greens that have been carefully tended to every step of the way.
We currently have an opening for a self-driven Food Safety Director to join our direct our food safety programs in Watsonville, CA and Yuma, AZ.
- Develop and maintain all food safety documentation needed for policies and procedures, maintenance, certification audits, and SOPs.
- Provide all food safety and quality control trainings to employees, and maintain documents supporting these.
- Update all food safety records to be current with requirements, and ensure they are always well organized and presentable.
- Work with an inspect growers to verify their paperwork, LGMA compliance, and clearing of lots to harvest.
- Monitor all facility sanitation and maintenance duties.
- Work with customers to mitigate and resolve complaints.
- Assist sales staff with customers inquiries.
- Coordinate and oversee all product sampling, both from the field and in the processing facility.
- Manage the QA lab crew duties and procedures.
- Work with production management to ensure all food safety guidelines are being fulfilled.
- Oversee and monitor all facility compliance in regard to emergency preparedness, hazardous materials, OSHA, etc.
- Manage all third-party audits.
- Strong communications skills.
- Previous experience with third party auditors, including Primus.
- Strong knowledge of GAP’s, GMP’s, and HACCP.
- Knowledge of LGMA requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in food safety.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work independently and be self-managed.
- Strong phone, computer, and MS Office skills.
- Famous ERP knowledge a plus.
- Ability to seasonally travel to Yuma, AZ.
- Flexibility with work hours.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.