Food Safety Coordinator
Fiddyment Farms is looking for a talented individual to lead our food safety program. We are a small but growing family owned pistachio company located in the Sacramento region. This position is responsible for all aspects of our food safety program and will work with the production team to maintain our high food safety standards.
- Work with plant management to provide advice and assistance with the development and implementation of Food Safety (FS) policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Serve as our FSMA Preventative Controls and Qualified Individual (PCQI).
- Maintain FS documents, database, records, binders & filing.
- Corrective Action and Preventative Measures – assist with logging and tracking of non-compliances and FS incidences, conduct investigations, coordinate follow-up and bring outstanding issues to closure.
- Work with plant management to provide FS Training, assist in development of training programs, conduct training classes, maintain training records.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) - assist in the development of rules, conduct audits, maintain records.
- Assist with audit preparation and act as the primary contact for third-party, government and customer audits.
- Conduct routine audits of internal food safety program, product specifications and organics program.
- Act as primary contact for customer requests for food safety documentation.
- Record Maintenance – conduct checks to verify proper record keeping by Operations Staff.
- Work with plant management to ensure production needs are met
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field is desired. Will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a food safety, quality assurance in a food manufacturing environment is required.
- HACCP or PCQA certified.
- Previous supervisory and management experience is a plus.
- Must be a high-performance team player with prior experience as a supervisor or in a lead role is desired.
- Proficiency in use of the English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly desired.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.