Quality Specialist, Microbiologist
- Under the guidance of the Laboratory Supervisor, ensure that all microbiological methods meet compliance requirements. Also responsible for Microbiology laboratory operation in regards to Good Laboratory Practices, including equipment monitoring and calibration as well as media preparation and biohazard disposal.
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and maintain microbiological testing procedures and programs. Secure all appropriate documentation and/or follow-up as required. Maintain internal control protocols by record keeping, troubleshooting, and escalation of know issues.
- Perform microbiological testing in the laboratory and work to develop new microbiological assays for in-house testing.
- Interpret microbiological data generated both internally and by third party testing facilities. Report data and trends to appropriate personnel. Initiate appropriate follow-up actions to data utilizing internal sources.
- Troubleshoot all testing/sampling abnormalities to ensure proper results are reported. Initiate proper guidelines for corrective/preventative action immediately.
- Investigate product holds for microbiological reasons and make recommendations for appropriate actions based on scientific findings and/or company procedures.
- Provide support to the facility Hygienist to facilitate the implementation, maintenance and audit of sanitation procedures and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Perform daily plant inspections and manage the facilities environmental testing program. Analyze results to ensure a microbiologically sound environment for production. Document and report abnormalities based on company polices, assist in investigation and remedy of any found abnormalities.
- Actively support and participate in facility’s Total Quality effort; including quality policy and factory objectives.
- Provide support to the facilities continuous improvement program.
- Continuously strive to improve customer/supplier relationships and business processes.
- Participate as a key member of plant HACCP and Food Safety team.
- Responsible to have safe work instructions available for all positions, processes are run in accordance with SOP’s, SOPP’s and other documentation. All employees have the required level of safety training, all equipment and installations are well maintained with safety guards & devices and associates are using the appropriate PPE.
- To assure activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished according to the environmental management systems.
- All other duties as assigned
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.