Manager, Quality and Food Safety
The Manager, Quality & Food Safety provides leadership, direction, and oversight to the plant for quality and food safety. This role exists to ensure the plant delivers the required standards of quality and food safety according to Ferrara policies, procedures, and practices and to ensure all measures of Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices are in place. The Manager, Quality & Food Safety will also coordinate the implementation of Quality activities on site through deployment of cross-functional ways of working; Monitor the performance of equipment and processes; identify, troubleshoot and resolve so recurring problems, either with the quality of the product or the reliability of testing procedures, can be identified and addressed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Manages and develops direct staff
- Create and manage FCC’s QA/Food Safety technical and compliance system to assure food safety by creating, maintaining, updating, evaluating, auditing all programs and policies as needed for full certification according to the “Good Manufacturing Processes”, HAACP, BRC, etc.
- Ensures implementation and continuity of all key traceability, inspection, program management, vendor, management, and microbial program metrics are established, and delivering the established metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage/lead quality upgrade of facilities to obtain 21 CFR 111 compliance.
- Implement SOPs required from 21 CFR 111
- Implement raw material and finished product testing program
- Develop vendor qualification program
- Conduct Food Safety Audits with third party inspectors as well as perform internal quality audits in all FCC facilities and implement correction actions based on audit results.
- Work with Director of SAP to manage lot traceability of raw materials
- Mitigate risk associated with cross-contamination between production runs
- Develop, review and update standard operating procedures
- Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Understands and demonstrates the Company’s core values
- Performs other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Is good establishing clear directions
- Demonstrated analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in food science, microbiology, or other relevant degree and substantial experience in quality and food safety
- Experience within pharmaceuticals strongly preferred
- Masters or certification preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- HAACP Certification
- BRC Practitioner certification
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, sanitation practices, HACCP, BRC, GMP’s and SSOP’s.
- Strong working knowledge of Continuous Process Improvement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.