EHS/Quality & Food Safety (QFS) Supervisor
As an EHS/Quality & Food Safety (QFS) Supervisor, you will report to the EHS/QFS Manager and help facilitate programs in the areas of safety, quality, and food safety. You will also implement training in partnership with departmental managers and supervisors. This position may be responsible for the oversight, management, and development of up to two (2) direct reports.
- Reviews, maintains, and assists with the EHS management systems in line with Ferrara EHS policies and standards.
- Supports the site safety committee and facilitates regular safety related meetings
- Manages all safety and environmental incidents and the incident investigation process.
- Manages tracking, reporting, and analyzing EHS performance and implements corrective action as necessary.
- Proactively engages in the training and development of all employees.
- Analyzes trends, statistics, and budget
- Ensures achievement of safety key performance indicators and adherence to continuous improvement elements
- Supports the implementation of quality, food safety, and sanitation programs for the facility.
- Works with EHS/QFS Manager to ensure facility meets all required quality & food safety laws, regulations, and corporate policies
- Determines appropriate response when serious quality & food safety risks are identified - has the authority to suspend operations if necessary
- Responsible for quality & food safety accountability for all hours of operation.
- Supports the coordination, preparation and corrective action management for yearly internal and third party audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of experience/training in quality & food safety and/or EHS in a manufacturing environment
- Previous HACCP certification program design and implementation
- Experience with managing processes and implementing safety/quality programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Food manufacturing experience
- HACCP certification program design and implementation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or microbiology
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.