JOB FILLED - Laboratory Operations Manager
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic, and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins Botanical Testing is a laboratory that specializes in Botanical and Supplement testing here in Brea, California. We specialize in taking a client-centric, flexible approach to deliver white-glove service at scale.
The Brea, CA lab is currently working on doubling its physical footprint. It is a great time to join this growing team!
We are open/flexible for this position to be on 1st Shift or 2nd Shift, with the preference being 2nd Shift.
Provide senior level leadership for the Botanical Testing Business in Brea, CA. The individual is responsible for creating and maintaining facilities which meet internal and external customer requirements, regulatory requirements, and good building and maintenance practices. They provide site leadership and direction to the team. In order to effectively support the business, this role requires some technical understanding of food safety/chemistry and/or food science.
- Responsible to deliver operational excellence KPIs to meet and exceed client expectations including schedule, quality, and budget delivery
- Ensures adherence to safety and quality systems and addresses discrepancies with site Quality Manager
- Enthusiastically motivates and leads staff in a manner consistent with servant leadership
- Trains and mentors staff and supervisors within Brea
- Identifies and delivers continuous improvement opportunities using LEAN principles
- Coaches & develops staff to meet career goals
- Provides management direction to designated groups, with potential site-wide impact.
- May be required to assume responsibilities of Site Operations in the absence of the Business Unit Manager.
- Delivers performance evaluations and makes staffing decisions and other supervisory activities for the assigned functional groups.
- Reviews and approves work performed in Brea for scientific validity and compliance with Eurofins SOPs.
- Complete understanding of Eurofins SOPs as they apply to food testing services.
- Assists in the planning and managing of business development and marketing activities for section to form client/company partnerships. Foresees and promotes interdisciplinary applications of research expertise.
- Works with the Botanical Testing commercial and Technical Development teams to expand the business to new clients and to develop new services.
- Maintains client contacts and establishes new contacts for specific service or market segments.
- Provides technical guidance to the employees of Brea
- Prepares protocols, reports, and other documents associated with the Botanical Testing business unit.
- Interprets and implements policies affecting staff, fiscal and technical management for the department.
- Works with Human Resources to implement appropriate affirmative action, salary administration, and communication programs within the department.
- Conducts and hosts client visits to Brea, CA site.
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Support compliance of ISO17025
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of experience in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or a similar scientific field
- BS Degree in a science related field
- 1-3 years experience Leading People with strong servant leadership mindset
- Operations Leadership experience in laboratory or manufacturing related environment
- Experience in a high volume production lab
- Six Sigma
- Growth mindset
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens (ex. Milk, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, etc.).
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Job requires long periods of time sitting or standing at a computer.
- Must be able to lift approximately 35 lbs. for short periods of time.
- Expected to understand the process for handling hazardous wastes and receive on-the-job training for handling specific waste types in their job area.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work! We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.