Quality Assurance Director
- As a member of the Senior Management Team the Director of Quality Assurance will supervise a quality assurance staff of 3 and the Sanitation departments at the California plants.
- The position will also be responsible for the administration of the QA and Food Safety programs, regulatory compliance including FSMA, training and coaching QA employees and facilitating positive changes throughout the organization, and multiple production sites.
- Responsible for all elements of implementing, and monitoring compliance to specifications and requirements relative to HACCP, SSOP, Food Safety and Quality Management Programs.
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements and both FDA and USDA regulations.
- Serve as the principal contact for external auditors, customer audits, and regulatory agencies.
- Develop and lead the coaching and mentoring of QA and plant employees in quality initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the plants are in compliance with SQF, BRC, and FSMA.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field.
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience in quality assurance in a food processing environment in progressive management roles.
- SQF and BRC certification would be a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulatory Compliance – FSMA, BRC, SQF, USDA, FDA, HACCP, GMP’s, and SSOP.
- Trained and Certified in HACCP and Sanitation requirements.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.