Food Safety Manager
This person oversees development and administration of the organization's food safety program and manages programs and activities within the quality assurance functions of an organization. This person is responsible on all items related to FDA, federal, state and local regulation. They will be responsible for all programs and continuity of programs in all three Dot’s Pretzels production facilities, including monitoring, ensuring, and administrating company standards for quality, documentation, sanitation, pest control and operating procedures. Leads in the development, implementation, and administration of an organizational Food Safety/Quality Management System and monitors progress against strategic quality-related goals. Evaluates vendors, suppliers for compliance with internal standards and external regulations.
Specific Job Duties:
• Audits the organization's food handling, storage, and service operations to ensure compliance with applicable food safety regulations.
• Administers and Implements policies and programs ensuring that organizational products and processes meet established quality standards.
• Collects data identifying potential quality failures, evaluate quality of raw materials or components, in-progress goods, processes or operations, and implement and measure the impact of corrective actions.
• Solicits internal and external feedback with the goal of continuously improving processes or products.
• Monitors the regulatory environment and develops a strategy for responding to new or amended legislation. Ensures all plants meet yearly compliance, licensing and permits.
• Investigates non-compliance, reports findings to management and governing bodies (which may include the FDA or USDA), and develops and implements corrective action.
• Develops and delivers food safety compliance related training.
• Manages company sanitation and pesticide program to ensure plants meet and exceed standards for sanitation and pest control.
• Manages and ensures that corrective measures are taken on customer complaint program.
• Comprehends and utilizes the inventory management system for Recall purposes.
• Be a self-starter; ability to work independently as well as with other personnel and management.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the company’s policies, procedures, and practices.
• Represent self and company in a professional and positive manner.
• Attend required company meetings and training and participate in constructive discussion.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community to present a professional image of Dot’s Pretzels.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3 or more years of experience.
• HACCP, SQF/BRC, PCQI and/or ServeSafe certification and implementation preferred.
• This role will require 25% travel to all three production facilities.
• Strong decision-making skills, detail-oriented and analytical.
• Strong computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, PP and SharePoint.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships.
• Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds repetitively.
• Ability to bend, twist, and stand on feet for an entire shift.
• Exposed to food production environment and warehouse environment which may involve noise and fluctuating temperatures.
• Candidate must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.