Quality Assurance Manager
We have a great opportunity available for a highly motivated, self-starter, who can work well with little supervision. Also, the successful candidate will need to be a leader who can coach and mentor others. If this sounds like you, and you meet the requirements, please apply now.
- Direct daily activity of lab personnel, analyze and resolve or assist lab staff in solving problems
- Working within the department strategic plan by identifying long term plans and appropriate strategies to support the company’s overall strategic plan by setting goals and monitoring their progress
- Partner with HR regarding personnel issues, hiring, and terminations
- Performance appraisals and goal setting for QA Department that aligns with the QA Strategic Plan
- Train/Educate on Food Safety and quality including but not limited to: GMPs, HACCP, Allergens, Lab SOP’s, and SQF
- Develop quality and food safety objectives to maintain product quality and safety and minimize costs
- Customer Service contact for QA information and trouble-shooting to ensure quality and safety of the product are maintained
- Oversee and conduct third party, internal, customer, and regulatory audits
- Ensure all quality and food safety programs (pre-requisite programs and operational pre-requisite programs) are in compliance with current customer, industry and regulatory standards via developing and updating programs, implementing and training, and auditing
- Responsible for the Food Safety and Quality Management systems complying with SQF, regulatory, and customer standards by maintain the document system and revising documents when updates are necessary
- Internal and external customer complaint investigator by leading cross-functional teams to effectively troubleshoot issues by root cause analysis and resolve them by following through on corrective actions as needed
- Assist in production trials and designate tests required according to individual specifications. Review quality control and other operational reports to ensure quality standards, efficiency, and safety standards are met
- Manage activities related to HACCP via evaluate risks associated with ingredients, packaging, and equipment to mitigate risk to all finished products
- Provide technical support for custom manufacture products and Dominion Liquid Technologies products by ensuring formulas are maintained via approving batches and providing formulation changes based on rework or test data
- Provide costing related to all laboratory activities for current products and work requests
- Review and approve laboratory and sampling procedures (SOPs) for all products manufactured and tested at DLT
- Report and participate in in Monthly Operations Review Meeting (MORM)
- Environmental sampling and testing of water, air, and food contact surfaces
- Maintain and update Allergen Program as required
- Maintain and update records in the Quality Assurance Module of the company ERP System
- Five or more years’ experience in Quality/Operations of beverage and/or food manufacturing.
- Certified with HACCP and SQF or other approved GFSI food safety standards.
- The individual should possess direct experience and extensive familiarity with a variety of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the food industry and have the ability to direct others while accomplishing goals with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related science
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.