Food Safety Manager
About the role: You will assist in managing 50-150 team members to ensure our Supply Center has best-in-class operations and each of our restaurants receives the quality ingredients they need to serve our guests.
About the team: The Supply Center supports our restaurants with quality ingredients and standards. You will report to the Supply Center Production Manager, based out of Hunts Point, with travel to restaurants on an as-needed basis.
- Conduct quality checks in all rooms and ensure production staff is following specs
- Be present and active during the receiving process
- Check and make sure all areas have items needed for the start of shift
- Check and make sure all logs are filled out and collected at the end of shift
- Conduct scheduled trainings for all new and existing staff for quality and production processes
- Build and manage the quality tasting verification program for all items produced at the facility
- Lead team culture trainings for rolling out updates and building best practices
- Act as point of contact for restaurants regarding all quality issues
- Scan facility to ensure closing sanitation tasks occurred the night before
- Build and manage master sanitation schedule
- Oversee all GMP rules to ensure safety standards are followed
- Ensure all production items are being prepped, cooked, cooled, and packed properly
- Conduct daily EMP upkeep and coordination with labs
- Build and manage Supply Center HACCP
- Conduct scheduled internal audits
- 1 - 3 years of large-volume food production coordination and supervisor experience
- Exemplary organizational skills, ability to manage data
- Ability to build and manage multiple quality and sanitation systems
- Strong communication skills, w/ ability to communicate in Spanish (fluent ideally)
- A passion for real, good food
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive pay, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Company farm trips
- Complimentary supply center team lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a vegetable-forward fine-fast casual restaurant group whose mission is to build community through food. With 20+ locations in NYC and Boston, and more sprouting soon, we are looking to grow our team and nurture the next crop of bright and driven people who are looking to impact the future of food. Our community is built through learning and development and as we grow, opportunities harvest from within. The work we do is challenging and fast paced, serving over 15,000 lbs of vegetables per week in each of our scratch based kitchens. As cooks develop into chefs, we are building a diverse and inspiring brand along the way.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.