Food Safety Specialist
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Food Safety Team at our Headquarters in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The role will have a thorough understanding of food safety in a manufacturing environment as well as critical thinking skills and an ability to oversee and monitor all food safety processes in our facility. Most of our employees work in multiple departments, so we are looking for individuals who are flexible and enjoy diversity in their job! This position may also help in another department as needed, such as our Wholesale or Production Departments.
- Preferred Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or related degree
- Preferred experience: working in a Food Safety role for a food manufacturing facility and/or Experience working with/developing a HARPC program
- Understanding of FSMA and FDA Regulations
- Preferred: Experience with ERP software
- Ability to research and navigate 21 CFR
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Job functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Research new ingredients and suppliers
- Perform and review Hazard Analyses
- Management of Food Supplier Verification Program, including documentation approval for incoming ingredients
- Perform environmental sample testing and shelf-life studies
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal Food Safety regulations, including nutritional label compliance
Health/Dental/Vision coverage available to full time employees
Employee discounts on chocolate and DeBrand apparel
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.