Quality Assurance Manager
This position is responsible for managing and directing all aspects of the Quality Assurance Department at the plant level. This requires investigation and response to quality related customer complaints; ensuring all DDW Food Safety and Quality Assurance policies and procedures are followed; ensuring finished product
conforms to customer and product specifications; monitoring, verification and documentation associated with adherence to regulations. Handles any customer technical questions as required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the plant food safety systems to create an environment where food safety threats are recognized and eliminated/mitigated.
- Managing compliance with all regulatory and company defined food safety and sanitation standards; examples of these systems include: internal/third party audits, vendor audits / certification, inbound and outbound inspection, ingredient, intermediate and finished product inspection, microbiological testing, product traceability, HACCP, organic foods, EU, kosher requirements, sanitation, pest control, and lead GMP compliance team and training.
Quality / Manufacturing:
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of production equipment (processing and packaging equipment) and its’ related impact on overall quality.
- Assisting with all aspects of new product development, production trials, test sampling and production test runs of new materials and finished products as needed.
- Managing QC Lab, QC Systems and related documentation.
- Overseeing the preparation of various reports monitoring product quality results and customer feedback.
- Leading continuous improvement projects and share best practices between plants.
- Recommending improvements as appropriate.
- Acting as back up to Plant Manager and as integral part of plant leadership team must process complete understanding of logistics, scheduling and operations.
- Must demonstrate a “roll up sleeves” attitude and have visible presence on manufacturing floor.
- Providing direct on-site assistance to customers regarding product selection, product use, complaint resolution, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ability to conduct customer site visits with or without sales associates.
- Protecting the Customer.
- Maintaining high scores on external audit including BRC and others as required by customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- 5-10 years-experience in food manufacturing management with demonstrated success in Quality Assurance roles.
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to think critically.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage associates, work independently and contribute to plant management team.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Certification in Lean/Six-Sigma desired
Physical requirements include:
- Be available on call as required to support plant operations.
- Occasional travel to other DDW facilities, customers and vendors will be required (<10%).
- Job requires long periods of standing.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.