Supervisor - QA
Darigold is seeking a motivated Quality Lab Supervisor to be a part of Darigold’s Sunnyside team. The Quality Lab Supervisor’s role is to administer corporate policies and procedures as they relate to quality and food safety, along with performing and monitoring laboratory equipment calibrations, supervising the lab technician team in conjunction with the QC Manager through performance, monitoring and development of quality systems and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Environmental and sanitation monitoring by conducting and directing the associated programs.
- Perform and monitor laboratory equipment calibrations.
- Lead team of laboratory technicians in quality analysis.
- Monitor plant quality data and analysis.
- Supervise and conduct laboratory functions and operations in all facets of analytical testing and support for in-process and finished product analysis.
- Train and review of methodologies, SOP’s, performance and techniques of hourly employees.
- Implement and conduct routine laboratory calibrations of instruments to assure accuracy and repeatability of test results.
- Finished product evaluation to include packaging review and finished product integrity. Ensure all analytical and production check frequencies are being met.
- Weights and measures verification to include scale checks and documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to facilitate implementation of corporate quality systems in a positive and proactive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others, as well as the ability to operate independently as required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be goal oriented and result driven
- Must have strong technical and organizational skills
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Must have 1+ years of experience in Dairy or Food Quality assurance with preference given to those with a B.S. Degree in Food/Dairy Science/Microbiology or an associated discipline.
- Experience in food plant sanitation.
- HACCP certification would be a plus.
Darigold is known for delivering fresh, high quality, value-added dairy products to people, & customer-driven solutions to organizations, all around the globe. We are the 5th largest dairy Co-Op in the US & one of the largest privately held organizations headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We produce over 10 billion pounds of milk every year! Since 1918, our Farmer-owners have taken great pride in producing nutritious dairy products with unsurpassed quality. Our work environment provides a results driven, collaborative space, with open & transparent communication, & a culture of celebrating everyone’s wins. Our mid-size private business model provides the ability to have dynamic involvement at all levels of our organization. We’re also proud to say we offer an excellent Total Compensation Package & a few other unique perks to our industry!
At Darigold we embrace diversity & welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law- We’re proud to say we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S. We participate in
E-Verify- please follow the links for details, English / Spanish & view our Right to Work Statement, English / Spanish.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.