Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager directs and leads a team of individuals to ensure effective quality execution, continuous improvement, and regulatory compliance. They will provide leadership within the facility to drive positive change through influence and example. This individual, in conjunction with plant operations, will build and maintain an effective culture of food safety and quality within the facility. The QA Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining facility systems and processes that ensure finished product is food safe and meets finished product specifications. This person should be a highly organized effective communicator with an inquisitive mind with the capacity to investigate and lead solution-based decision making in the plant.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements, and internal FSQ programs/standards
- Ensure daily plant Quality and Food Safety operations follow DFA policies, procedures, customer requirements, and local, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the Food Safety and Quality Plans along with supporting prerequisite programs.
- Enhance and maintain plant policies, procedures, and practices to safeguard a cGMP environment.
- Through cross functional collaboration assess and maintain an effective plant hygiene plan.
- Ownership of PEM Program utilizing information to ensure holistic management of food safety issues, while implementing effective corrective actions.
- Oversee plant sanitation to drive a robust sanitation program that supports a cGMP environment.
- Ensure the plant pest control programs are current, followed, and utilized to enable proactive maintenance.
- Manage the facility’s change control program to enable robust risk assessment and decisions.
- Collaboratively lead investigations relating to non-conforming events driving to root cause(s) and effective resolution. Maintain the CAPA program.
- Collaborate with R&D during new/reformulated product introduction to ensure compliance with already established specifications and regulatory requirements
- Serve as the point of contact for customer related issues, complaints or inquires.
- Manage plant complaint investigations ensuring a thorough, effective, timely, and customer facing response.
- Monitor compliance to customer expectation and specifications, communicate any issues/concerns.
- Maintain plant preparedness for customer and regulatory audits/visits
- Serve as a key member of the plant leadership team.
- Partner with Operations to build a world class food safety & quality culture.
- Foster a positive and effective work culture with direct reports
- Identify and retain highly effective personnel through proper selection, training/development, and setting expectations for performance.
- Track and report on plant quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Participate in the annual plant budgeting process.
- Partner with the plant manager on identifying key capital projects that support food safety and quality initiatives.
- Provide training to the plant personnel concerning food safety, FSMA and regulatory compliance.
- Provide quality leadership during unplanned events or emergencies
- Provide visible leadership by participating in Gemba walks and internal audits.
- Engage and interact with all personnel on a regular basis assisting them with their challenges and questions concerning food safety.
- Overall responsibility for all analytical and micro activities performed at the facility.
- Oversee the development of cGMP laboratory practices to ensure accurate and precise QC results.
- Develop strategies for external QC testing to supplement internal programs.
- Perform data analysis to identify critical trends or find leading indicators to enable proactive decisions.
Fort Morgan, Colorado
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Food Science, Biological Sciences or related field
- 5+ years of experience in food processing environment
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Prefer experience in dairy manufacturing
- Certification and/or Licenses
- HACCP certification
- SQF Practitioner certified or obtain within first 90 days.
- PQCI certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 117
- Knowledge of both laboratory and plant cGMPs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and company computer systems, specifically LIMS, Excel and ERP.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision, training, and personnel management.
- Accuracy and thoroughness in completion of duties is crucial to success
- Able to organize and prioritize resources to achieve goals
- Able to multi-task; able to keep organized records; able to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to perform analysis, mathematical calculations, and statistical evaluations.
- Able to effectively manage plant level projects.
- Able to complete basic arithmetic in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work in collaboration effectively and foster good teamwork.
- Able to take appropriate steps to find solutions to problems.
- Able to present options and ideas to current processes or procedures.
- Able to handle challenging or conflict situations with tact and professionalism.
- Able to promote a team environment.
- Able to interpret and apply company policies.
- Able to adapt and manage to change effectively.
- Able to take initiative in performing job.
- Able to perform task and duties without constant supervision.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, AD&D, long term disability, short term disability, 401k and flex spending/HSA benefits.
Salary Range; $88K - 100K annual base salary and bonus eligible
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.