Quality Assurance Manager
CTI Foods Overview
We are a customer focused custom manufacturer of quality food products to exacting standards that delight our customer and their consumers.
The people of CTI Foods are our #1 ingredient that drive us to be the best custom food and culinary solutions team that has seven state-of-the-art food processing facilities and over 1,800 employees from California, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
We are a company that “Thinks Big and Acts Small.” Employees are treated like family. In order to succeed, it takes every person working together, being nimble, and executing at the highest levels. It is our responsibility to provide you every opportunity and resource to achieve that success.
Make an impact from day ONE at CTI Foods!
The Quality Manager will provides technical direction and support to plant management. Supervises the Quality Control Department to; ensure all specifications are met, operations comply with customer specifications, GMP’s, and HACCP plans. Communicates directly with customers including: audits, complaints, new products and specification changes.
- Works with internal customers to identify business solutions that support overall objectives and unique customer requirements.
- Assist in the development and execution of a corporate quality strategy that supports the goals and objectives of the company and its customers.
- Supervising the quality assurance group to insure that all products are produced in compliance with specification, plant and government regulations.
- Develop and maintain a qualified QA staff that is able to meet all shift and scheduling demands.
- Provide developmental opportunities for hourly staff to cross train and move up within the department through established guidelines.
- Review and audit all plant procedures and practices for compliance with; company procedures, customer specifications and GMP’s.
- Maintain audit standards.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining food safety, sanitation and quality programs. Contact management in the event of a food safety issue.
- Responsible for monitoring the industry and keeping management informed of changes and opportunities.
- Investigating, reviewing and following up on customer complaints.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field of study required.
- 5+ years of years of experience in a quality and safety leadership role.
- Extensive knowledge of quality principles such as Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- HACCP, USDA, SQF and BRC working knowledge/training; HAZCOM.
CTI Foods provides equality of opportunity for all persons with respect to hiring without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.