Quality Assurance Supervisor
The Quality Supervisor oversees Quality Lab functions to ensure compliance with all Company, industry, quality, food safety, and legality guidelines, such as HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), SPC (Statistical Process Control), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in support of the plant’s Quality Assurance & Food Safety. Develop and maintain clear objectives for QA lab techs within the department under the supervisor’s influence and control. Monitor KPI’s for achieving results while fostering a safe working environment. Provide training and coaching which will allow each associate to perform at their best and deliver results in a continuous process improvement environment. Ensure all associates understand the vision of our company.
Purpose: The Quality Supervisor:
- Provide daily leadership to the Quality Lab Team and other departments as needed.
- Assist in the development, training, and implementation of process control procedures.
- Ensure that established process control procedures are followed throughout the plant.
- Support maintaining plant compliance to the HACCP Plan and quality systems programs.
- Conduct regular plant food safety and security audits.
- Participate and lead in Food Safety, Quality Reviews, HACCP Team Meetings and activities.
- Provide training to QA/QC and production associates on Food Safety, GMP requirements, SPC and process control, product evaluation, HACCP, and HACCP pre-requisite programs.
- Maintain daily product evaluation programs (scoring key quality indicators, shelf life studies, etc.).
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes (root cause analysis, problem solving, complaint investigation, etc.)
- Audit the established process control checks (raw ingredients, WIP, finished product, and packaging) and pre-requite programs to ensure daily compliance.
- Maintain a record keeping system which provides immediate access to data and product records for a minimum of three years.
- Develop job opportunities for QA Leads and Lab Technicians through certificate programs, cross-training initiatives and setting clear objectives.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Manager, QA, Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Quality, Management, Technology
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.