Cook QA Supervisor 2nd Shift
QA Supervisor is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the QA Technicians in the assigned area. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to ensuring quality and food safety monitoring activities occur accurately and at the specified frequencies, facilitating internal facility audits and all other duties as assigned.
- Crider, Inc. requires all employees to comply with and support all Food Safety and Quality policies, programs and procedures to insure our products meet and exceed consumers’ expectation
- Assure food safety through the implementation and monitoring of plant programs
- Correct for thermal process deviations
- Implement and maintain quality programs (HACCP; PQC; vendor certification; raw material; recall; hold; thermal process review; pre-shipment review and release; pest control
- Interpret, analyze and communicate quality issues, including consumer complaints, and initiate applicable corrective measures
- Provide purchasing with quality assurance assistance involving vendor issues, both improvements and corrective measures
- Assures sanitation program complies with company and USDA requirements
- Maintain process records
- Supervises QA technicians in execution of QA programs
- Serve as liaison with local USDA personnel
- Maintains product information book
- Answers NRs
- Maintains open communication with USDA and plant management
Essential Skills and Experience
- B.S. degree in food science, microbiology, poultry or meat science, animal science or equivalent of 6-8 years’ experience or training in the food industry
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to apply mathematical operation to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of a variety of data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract variables
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.