Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager partners on the design and implementation of quality strategy, while improving quality standards, goals and objectives. Executes and monitors quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices food safety and quality standards according to company policies and procedures. Performs corrective and preventative actions regarding internal and third-party audit deficiencies. Supervises off-shift technicians and performs quality line checks.
- Manage and develop Quality Assurance staff.
- Work with the FSQ department, assisting them in the implementation and improvement of GMP and quality systems and CraftMark’s Food Safety Fundamentals.
- Supervise the total quality management process to ensure food safety, regulatory compliance, product standards, and customer standards are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for oversight of total product quality to facilitate achievement of customer and consumer expectations.
- Oversee the development, training and continued education of the Quality Assurance team members.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of our Food Safety Plan.
- Communicate to relevant personnel information essential to the implementation and maintenance of CraftMark Bakery’s Food Safety and Quality System.
- Responsible for assisting in preparation and hosting of CraftMark Bakery customer audits, GFSI food safety audits, and regulatory audits.
- Responsible for assisting the Quality Labs as needed.
- Maintain accurate documentation as needed and required.
- Responsible for observing and auditing and coaching to CraftMark Bakery Food Safety and Food Quality policies and procedures on the production floor.
- Align with facility operations productivity goals and provide technical analysis and input for decision making.
Education and Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of leadership experience in Quality Assurance within Food Manufacturing
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or related field
- LEAN, Six Sigma Processes and Failure Analysis
- HACCP, PCQI and GFSI certification
- Strong math skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Basic understanding of microbiology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Quality orientation
- Leadership and Team Building
- Influence Management Skills
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Regularly required to communicate with others.
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and to adjust focus.
CraftMark Bakery offers a competitive, total compensation package, which includes benefits such as: medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), short term and long-term disability, health savings account, paid holidays, and vacation time.
CraftMark Bakery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, or any other protected category.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.