At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Seeking a Laboratory Technician position within our Peoria Manufacturing facility. The Peoria facility is a multiproduct Fermentation facility that also completes 3rd party fermentations. The individual will be responsible for prioritizing daily workloads to guarantee efficiency, ensuring raw material compliance, evaluating finished products, inventorying supplies, fostering a strong team environment are key accountabilities for this position. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to test method improvement, test variation reduction, lab SOP development & maintenance, and effective/timely communication with production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively perform various analysis of production samples to meet expected turnaround time and efficiency. Ensure suspect product identification and segregation.
- Maintain hygiene and working operation of multiple labs.
- Run lab operations including large and small scale media preparation, microbial culture development, sterile technique, and autoclave operation.
- Maintain safety procedures.
- Evaluate test methods as assigned to determine accuracy, consistency & relevancy. Perform validations on new methods when required, improve current methods if necessary and ensure minimal variation with testing equipment.
- Maintain lab equipment in calibrated and good working order either by in-house means or contractual agreements with vendors.
- Monitor supplies to ensure sufficient quantities are on hand and provide proper notification of inventories and order supplies as directed.
- Create, maintain, and edit documents, databases, and records.
- Train operators in laboratory practices and procedures.
- Assist Lab Lead and/or QC Manager with quality assurance and complaint investigation. Provide timely test, retain and production information for complaint response.
- Work in cross-functional teams with other departments across the company for product improvement and development as assigned.
- Contribute to the HAACP/HARPC plan/records.
- Allergen swab/checks equipment for approval.
- Raw materials sampling/testing/approval.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience and/or an Associate's degree in Science (or related technical degree). Bachelor’s Degree in Science - Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or Food Science preferred.
- Experienced in establishing and practicing a culture of safety.
- Knowledge of and experienced with UV, NIR, HPLC, GC, Ion Chromatography and other laboratory analytical instruments.
- Familiarity with GMPs and food safety (SQF, FSMA, HACCP, and HARPC).
- Strong working knowledge of industrial microbial cell culture and microbial nutritional requirements.
- Experience in media design and solution preparation.
- Experience with FCC/USP/NF raw material testing methods. Working knowledge of various regulatory bodies to prepare QC for audits.
- Experienced in media design and solution preparation.
- Ability and comfortable working alone and/or in a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- High degree of manual dexterity; ability to lift/move 50lbs.
- Work the hours necessary for 24x7 plant which will may include off-shift availability.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of € 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2,138 FTEs. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.